Got A Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian

Reaction score
Help, I got a vibration. I just bought a new drive shaft from Jeff's, but it didn't help. It happens under a light load,I can get over it by giving it gas or less gas. The Bronco has a 130000 on it and runs good.Hate the thought of a new tranny.But I don't think it's the rear end. The tranny guys around don't fix um they rebuild um. Thanks Brian

Seabronc

Reaction score
Gee Brian, I don't think it is in your transmission. I would suspect something in the rear end area. Perhaps a bearing starting to wear, the more gas less gas comment indicates you are putting a litttle extra pressure on something and that causes it to quiet down.

I don't remember the post exactly, but there was one on vibration the was caused by a wheel bearing. It had gone long enough to start cutting thru the axle.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
B

Brian

Reaction score
Hey Fred, I was thinking if it was the rear it wouldn't get better under a load,or giving it more gas. Maybe I'll jack it up and check for noise.Thanks Brian

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula