Going From 4-6"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zakcode

Reaction score
i am thinking of going up to a 6" lift and was wondering what i will need.the front brackets already have the holes for the 6 and blocks in back will be no prob. do you guys think i will need new drop brackets for the radius arms? i am keeping the stock radius arms still since funds are tight. i dont even know if they are the same or not. do you think the shocks will do? i know the springs will nee to go but man i wish i had done a six when i lifted this thing. help i am cornfused... dave :wacko:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I believe the radius arm drop brackets are the same for a 4" or 6" lift. You will need to cross-reference the shock part numbers with the manufacturer's website to see if they will work or not. Some are made for 2-4" lift, and others for 4-6" lift. More than likely, you will need new shocks. Be forewarned that if you use the factory radius arms with the drop brackets on a 6" lift, you may have a very hard time getting the proper camber in the front end. My advice is to save up for the extended arms and look for a buyer for the 4" lift parts you won't re-use to offset the cost.

OP
OP
Z

zakcode

Reaction score
i guess i will be saving a little longer. i knew i should have gone with six inches when i replaced the lift that was on it when i bought it. my wife is verticly challenged and has had about a half dozen surgeries in the last six months so it is almost funny to watch her climb in now. cant wait to get it up a little higher for her....thanks....dave

OP
OP
Z

zakcode

Reaction score
well i got the superlift site to worka little. looks like i will only need new pitman arm,front springs and rear blocks. thats the cheapest way i could go.the more i think the longer arms will be the way to go,then i will only need to get the brackets and arms with the other parts.couple hundred more bucks but it will work until i want to go bigger..... thanks for the help...dave :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />