general bronco info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nmeador

Reaction score
i've been thinking of getting a 1966-1977 bronco. i always liked the style of these early ones. i've found someone near my area that has several for sale. i was just wondering about some things. how easy are they to work on on your own, their reliability, parts availability/affordability, cost of owning/maintaining, and highway/interstate ride? if i got one i would be using it as a daily driver. definately not any ******** off-road but maybe some light. i know gas mileage wouldn't be great but that's not why i'm wanting one. i've been doing as much research online as i can but some advice from people who know more first hand and in general would be helpful. any input is appreciated. thanks

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo nmeador,

WELCOME!

Our Sponsor here in the ZONE, Jeff's Bronco Graveyard has many parts avialble; from High Temperature Headlight Pigtail Plugs to Steel or FG Body Tubs

Categories include;

•NEW PRODUCTS

•66-77 SPECIALS!

•ENGINE PARTS

•IGNITION PARTS

•FUEL SYSTEMS

•RADIATOR

•HEATING & COOLING SYSTEMS

•TRANSMISSION MANUAL

•TRANSMISSION AUTO

•TRANSFER CASE

•FRONT AXLE DANA 30

•FRONT AXLE DANA 44

•FRONT AXLE DANA 60

•REAR AXLE FORD 9"

•REAR AXLE DANA 60

•AIR OPERATED LOCKERS

•STEERING SYSTEMS

•CHASSIS PARTS

•BRAKE PARTS

•PARK BRAKE

•BUSHINGS POLYURETHRANE/RUBBER

•SUSPENSION

•Air Lift Products

•SPRINGS

•LIFT KITS

•BODY PARTS STEEL

•BODY PARTS FIBERGLASS

•DOOR PARTS

•TAILGATE,LIFTGATE PARTS

•HOOD & GRILL PARTS

•LIGHTING

•GLASS

•SOFT TOPS

•EXTERIOR PARTS

•WEATHER STRIPPING

•STEERING COLUMNS

•INTERIOR

•DASH

•EXTERIOR TRIM

•INTERIOR TRIM

•CONSOLES

•CARPET & VINYL FLOOR COVERS

•SEATS STOCK FACTORY

•SEATS AFTERMARKET

•WIPER PARTS

•ELECTRICAL

•HARDWARE

•BUMPERS

•WINCHES

•TOOLS AND ACCESSORIES

•DECALS & STICKERS

•REPAIR MANUALS,CDS

•APPAREL & GIFTS

& Jeff at the Bronco Graveyard has offered a 2% discount to members of The BroncoZone for on line orders. To get your discount, enter the discount code BZMEMBER. Also you must include your BroncoZone User Name with the order.

Jeff also has a TECH Diagram Archive@ http://broncograveyard.com/support/tech.php

and Other Bronco Related Resources

GL!

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi & welcome..!!

"..how easy are they to work on on your own, their reliability, parts availability/affordability, cost of owning/maintaining, and highway/interstate ride?"

Long/short. All your questions are answered to the "positive" ..! I've had 5 over the yrs. & kept the 1st. one I bought.., my favorite.

"....I've found someone near my area that has several for sale."

This can be a bit scary.., Some folks will gather up several rigs.., build theirs from the best parts.., & sell off the remaining rigs with mix-n-match parts. The problem is, unless you're familiar with Ford & Bronco parts, it may be a struggle to get everything working together.

Can you take someone with you that has knowledge/experience with EB's ..?

OP
OP
N

nmeador

Reaction score
thanks for the advice and link about parts

yo nmeador,

WELCOME!

Our Sponsor here in the ZONE, Jeff's Bronco Graveyard has many parts avialble; from High Temperature Headlight Pigtail Plugs to Steel or FG Body Tubs

Categories include;

•NEW PRODUCTS

•66-77 SPECIALS!

•ENGINE PARTS

•IGNITION PARTS

•FUEL SYSTEMS

•RADIATOR

•HEATING & COOLING SYSTEMS

•TRANSMISSION MANUAL

•TRANSMISSION AUTO

•TRANSFER CASE

•FRONT AXLE DANA 30

•FRONT AXLE DANA 44

•FRONT AXLE DANA 60

•REAR AXLE FORD 9"

•REAR AXLE DANA 60

•AIR OPERATED LOCKERS

•STEERING SYSTEMS

•CHASSIS PARTS

•BRAKE PARTS

•PARK BRAKE

•BUSHINGS POLYURETHRANE/RUBBER

•SUSPENSION

•Air Lift Products

•SPRINGS

•LIFT KITS

•BODY PARTS STEEL

•BODY PARTS FIBERGLASS

•DOOR PARTS

•TAILGATE,LIFTGATE PARTS

•HOOD & GRILL PARTS

•LIGHTING

•GLASS

•SOFT TOPS

•EXTERIOR PARTS

•WEATHER STRIPPING

•STEERING COLUMNS

•INTERIOR

•DASH

•EXTERIOR TRIM

•INTERIOR TRIM

•CONSOLES

•CARPET & VINYL FLOOR COVERS

•SEATS STOCK FACTORY

•SEATS AFTERMARKET

•WIPER PARTS

•ELECTRICAL

•HARDWARE

•BUMPERS

•WINCHES

•TOOLS AND ACCESSORIES

•DECALS & STICKERS

•REPAIR MANUALS,CDS

•APPAREL & GIFTS

& Jeff at the Bronco Graveyard has offered a 2% discount to members of The BroncoZone for on line orders. To get your discount, enter the discount code BZMEMBER. Also you must include your BroncoZone User Name with the order.

Jeff also has a TECH Diagram Archive@ http://broncograveyard.com/support/tech.php

and Other Bronco Related Resources

GL!

OP
OP
N

nmeador

Reaction score
thanks for the response. glad to hear my questions are in the positive. i'm not sure if i have anyone that knows a lot about broncos but i do have an uncle who is a mechanical engineer. he would be the person i would most likely take. so even if he doesn't know a lot he can at least look at it mechnically and be able to evaluate it.

Hi & welcome..!!

"..how easy are they to work on on your own, their reliability, parts availability/affordability, cost of owning/maintaining, and highway/interstate ride?"

Long/short. All your questions are answered to the "positive" ..! I've had 5 over the yrs. & kept the 1st. one I bought.., my favorite.

"....I've found someone near my area that has several for sale."

This can be a bit scary.., Some folks will gather up several rigs.., build theirs from the best parts.., & sell off the remaining rigs with mix-n-match parts. The problem is, unless you're familiar with Ford & Bronco parts, it may be a struggle to get everything working together.

Can you take someone with you that has knowledge/experience with EB's ..?

OP
OP
N

nmeador

Reaction score
here's the link if you're interested in seeing the pics, http://morgantown.craigslist.org/cto/3352209936.html . i mainly saved it because of the person having others. i can see how that could be a problem with people swapping parts though. i don't know if i'll look at any quite yet. i want to do more research and become more familiar so i know what i'm looking for and talking about.

Bronc76

Reaction score
Just looked at the link with the pics, this may not mean much but its being advertised as a '74 but the rear marker lights are turned in the vertical position like on the '77's. Just make sure the year is right.

OP
OP
N

nmeador

Reaction score
good to know. i had no idea about the lights. thanks for seeing that and letting me know.

Just looked at the link with the pics, this may not mean much but its being advertised as a '74 but the rear marker lights are turned in the vertical position like on the '77's. Just make sure the year is right.

OP
OP
N

nmeador

Reaction score
ok, thanks for the heads up about the body parts. yeah, the last car i got i learned to check the undercarriage for rust from my uncle. pretty much for any car but especially older cars.

A "heads up"

Often, but not always, fiberglass body parts are used due to "rust-out" or "crash" damage.

It's always good to examine the undercarriage for rust & frame damage.

stevesmonocle12

Reaction score
That post wouldn't happen to be in Morgantown, WV from "Bronco Ed" would it? I tried to click on the link but it didn't work for me. I noticed his ad on Craigslist and was also wondering about the condition of his broncos.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke