Gas Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keeprollling

Reaction score
I am getting on about 8-9.99 MPG. I have a K&N cold air intake filter, but by no means is it cold air. I junked the air filter box, now its just sucking that hot under the hood air. I am thinking this has something to do with my poor mileage. I am using the E340 Spark plugs, an MSD6 box and an MSD Ford coil. I am now trying out hydrogen, I will let you guys know how that works out when I get back to town and fill up.

Does anyone know how the CO2 sensor work?

OP
OP
dhpt99

dhpt99

Reaction score
yea keep us posted but sorry i dont know how the co2 sensor works.

OP
OP
dhpt99

dhpt99

Reaction score
I think it is the sensor in the exhaust which adjust your air fuel mixture according to how your exhaust is.

Balbronco

Reaction score
just tuned up my 88 with a 302 and im seeing 7-8 city and 10 highway. looks like my mpg isn't where its supposed to be =\

BB33's

Reaction score
I'm getting 12mpg city with a 351 and 32X11.5 Tires. I think I will get better because this next weekend I am gonna do a MSD full ignition System :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Right now I have a miss and I drive it like I stole it!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
dhpt99

dhpt99

Reaction score
Yea balbronco that does not seem right. And let me know how that msd works out BB33's

keeprollling

Reaction score
After a long wait to get back into town to ride my truck again, I will be riding her again tomorrow.

Ill post some pictures in a little bit of the aftermath of me mudding in the PT Cruiser in Palm Springs.

Outkast

Reaction score
since iv got my flowmasters i drove approx. 158 miles on half a tank which is about 12MPG once i get my truck tuned up it should improve more.

BB33's

Reaction score
I have finally gotten the MSD kit on and the results are unbelievable! It was a MSD 6AL Box with their 8.5mm wires Blaster coil and MSD cap and rotor. I opted not to get the distributer. I finished it with some Autolite Platinum plugs. It has WAY more bottom end and Throttle response. I will put a step by step up soon and show the details.

cah193

Reaction score
Last Month I bought a 1995 Eddie Bauer Edition with the 351 Windsor. The truck had 114,000 miles on it when I bought it. I put new spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap and rotor, along with a drop in K&N filter. It has 31x10.5x15 mud tires on it right now which will soon be replaced by a set of 265/75/15 A/T's, so it might pick up another mpg or so. I have run Lucas Injector cleaner through it on the first 3 tanks. Not sure what the mpg was before I bought it, but my first 3 tanks have average 16.65 mpg. From everything I seen/read on this site that is awesome. I'm happy with that.

black beauty

Reaction score
16-18mpg no matter what. it doesnt matter if i baby it or run it WTFO. see sig for motor, lift, trans, and tires

love_my_bronco

Reaction score
not sure what happened but now i get about 4 gallons to a mile.. yea thats right.. i put in a 1/4 tank drove it for about 2 hours... i ran out of gas... horrible. so its like i said 4 gallons a mile.

OP
OP
dhpt99

dhpt99

Reaction score
Wow 4 gallon to the mile! There got to be something wrong there. When i finally get a tag for my truck ill post up the mpg. Im glad to see a 302 is getting 18 to 16!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23