Gas Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhpt99

Reaction score
Hey i was wondering what kind of gas mileage you guys got on your bronco and what motor you had in it. Also if your truck is lifted. :huh:

love_my_bronco

Reaction score
i have a 351 windsor and i was pulling up around 13 mpg's i thing and 17-18 on freeway. 31-10-15 tires no lift.

walnuts75

Reaction score
I have been getting about 12mpg highway and about 1mpg in the city with 2.5"of lift and 31" tires. I 'm getting 33s this week so it will probably go down to 10-11mpg. Also its a 351W.

bassplayer07

Reaction score
351W no lift or oversize tires, just 31x10.5. Get about 12-13mpg city and 15-16 on the highway

michibronc

Reaction score
I get about 13 in the city and 16 to 17 if I keep it at about 68 on the expressway. If I go 75 + on the e way it drops to about 14 mpg.

Running 31's, no lift, 351W, 1996.

WPW Bronco

Reaction score
'92 XLT

11 MPG in the city, no real time on the highway.

351W

31x10.5R15 Cooper STT's

No Lift

K&N just installed

HEI Dizzy, E3 Diamond Fire Spark Plugs going in the next overhaul weekend

Last edited by a moderator:

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
I'm gettin about 14 mpg in the city and somewhere around 18 mpg on the interstate...as long as i don't open the 750 holley to often.... 351w .040 over with 33's and 2.5 inch lift.... B)

Last edited by a moderator:

am3gross

Reaction score
isnt it crazy that there are people out there that are looking for cars that get almost 50 mpg and here we are getting 10-16 mpg and these things are our daily drivers! oh and by the way i am not sure my mpg but i am at 3/4 tank and only drive about 45 miles. i am probably in the low 10s.

OP
OP
dhpt99

dhpt99

Reaction score
Thanks for all your post ! Do any of you guys have a 302 in your bronco?

walnuts75

Reaction score
I just put in a new air filter, K&N high flow air filter and I think my mileage just jumped from 12mpg to 13.5 on the highway(and that was even after I put on 33's)! I'm pretty excited!

OP
OP
dhpt99

dhpt99

Reaction score
Wow i didnt know k&n air filters made such a big difference!! Thanks

Mike G

Reaction score
About 14.5 highway and 11 in town. I drive like an old lady. 65 on the highway and the speed limit in town. Hey, if I was in a hurry I wouldn't be driving a full size Bronco!

That K&N sounds pretty good!

Mike

TotalChaos

Reaction score
Hey i was wondering what kind of gas mileage you guys got on your bronco and what motor you had in it. Also if your truck is lifted. :huh:
this is like the 4th or 5th thread i have seen about gas mileage and i'm tired of it... i don't know what i get gas mileage wise... nor do i care... I LOVE MY BRONCO NO MATTER WHAT!!!... most of us here bought Bronco cause we love it... not for the gas mileage... if you want good gas mileage go buy a Honda... better yet go buy a Prius... oh and don't mind my laughter as i tell yous that complain about crappy gas mileage to go buy the gayest car of the century... but if you are unsure of your ability to cope with your mileage, and think the the five or ten miles a gallon (max) that some of us get isn't good enough, then maybe you shouldn't have bought a Bronco... thats my two cents! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bronk351

Reaction score
Exactly 15 MPG on my last tank all highway. I have a 351, 460 cold air and drop in K&N. I drove kinda fast and didnt really take it easy when passing,..

OP
OP
dhpt99

dhpt99

Reaction score
this is like the 4th or 5th thread i have seen about gas mileage and i'm tired of it... i don't know what i get gas mileage wise... nor do i care... I LOVE MY BRONCO NO MATTER WHAT!!!... most of us here bought Bronco cause we love it... not for the gas mileage... if you want good gas mileage go buy a Honda... better yet go buy a Prius... oh and don't mind my laughter as i tell yous that complain about crappy gas mileage to go buy the gayest car of the century... but if you are unsure of your ability to cope with your mileage, and think the the five or ten miles a gallon (max) that some of us get isn't good enough, then maybe you shouldn't have bought a Bronco... thats my two cents! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I thought i was the first one who made a gas mileage thread :angry: . Sorry about that. And i to love broncos no matter what gas mileage they get. I was just curous about what other peoples gas mielage was in there bronco. I dont care if they get 1 mpg i still like them :wub: !!!! AND I WOULD NEVER CONSIDER BUYING ANY THING OTHER THAN A FORD !!!

swampthing

Reaction score
i went through rougly 13 gallons of gas on about a 6-7 hour wheelin trip...that was driving easy for half hour there driving it like i stole it while i was there and driving it easy home...with a stock 400M with stock 2 barrel on 38 inch tsl's with 3.50 gearing....now that my truck is apart im fully building the motor mild cam intake 4 barrel carb 4.10 or 4.56 gears so im guessing mine will drop to about 8...but as totalchaos stated i dont mind the bad gas mileage i love my truck i drive it hard all the time its only money i will make it right back

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23