Fuse box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordtruckman

Reaction score
it shouldn't be that hard to do really. just dont cut off your wires too short. leave as much of the original wiring in the truck as you can. i sugjest pulling the connectors out of the old box before you cut any of the wires off. its not that hard to get the connectors out. but you have to write down what every wire went to so you can get it back to the correct position with your new fuse box.

Seabronc

Reaction score
It can be done, but I wouldn't call it an easy job. Primarily it depends on your skills with electrical. The main thing is to identify the wire that go to it, tag them. You will more than likely need to splice in new sections of wire. I did a similar project replacing all the fusible links with fuses using a box from a Ford minivan.

The main thing is to identify all the wires, their color codes. I wouldn't even think of doing such a thing without the aid of a EVTM (Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual). You will probably be able to find one on eBay for your truck. Old dealership manuals are available on eBay all the time.

Another thing to consider is your skills with making connections and soldering.

Good luck if you decide to do this.

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Root710