Fuel pump and code problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RebBronco

Reaction score
Ok y'all,

Here is the latest in this new bronc of mine problem. Ok, tried to pull the codes and guess what, nothing with KOEO, however with KOER I get code 84, 92 and 98.This being said, I also noticed that the fuel pump doesnt stop running after prime. Could this be my hard short?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok y'all,Here is the latest in this new bronc of mine problem. Ok, tried to pull the codes and guess what, nothing with KOEO, however with KOER I get code 84, 92 and 98.This being said, I also noticed that the fuel pump doesnt stop running after prime. Could this be my hard short?
yo;

for the 90 bronco, right?

If so;

If you mean; the fp keeps running after starting it or.. then da fuel pump relay is hanging up. Replace the fuel pump relay

KOER

Bad or unplugged EGR solenoid, low speed fuel pump relay bad check FP relay for; corrosion (common problem)

Swap to Bosch Type & Color Codes in all pre-'92 EFI Bronco & F-series Source: by Steve83----------------

KOER

HEGO indicates right bank lean

HEGO is going bad[/b, fuel pressure regulator is set too low, or bad right bank injector (or ck FI connector(s) for corrosion or like mine once, disconnected @ injector)

Shift solenoid 2 circuit failure (E40D) ,, read below

KOER

This is the "limp-mode". operating in FMEM; (Failure Management and Effects Mode); but; maybe... that shift solenoid could be the issue here... didn't you post somethAng on that here? Read below..Limp Mode

Extensive problems are what normally trip this code. Additional codes will be present with this code.

Code 98-Electronic pressure control driver open in ECA (E40D)

Code 98-Hard fault present

Limp Mode; happens when the vehicle computer recognizes a problem in it's logic. When an expected signal value from a sensor is sent to the computer and is not within the computer's programmed specifications, "secondary" programs are activated by the computer to strive to protect the transmission from damage the improper sensor signal might cause to occur. In other words, the computer is always expecting certain signal values from certain sensors i.e. the temperature sensor, the speed sensor, the throttle position sensor, etc. As long as these signals are what it would normally expect for the conditions and is normal based on all the other signals it is receiving from other sensors, it acts normally and accordingly. read more....

Source: by autotransinc.com

esp. "...Due to the engineered voltage strategies of the solenoids, the transmission simply defaults to a single gear and line pressure defaults to high, all in order to "limp" you home... "

Last edited by a moderator:

89Bronco58

Reaction score
you said the pump doesnt stop running after the prime, I am assuming you mean the initial startup of the pump when you first turn the ignition on correct?

OP
OP
RebBronco

RebBronco

Reaction score
Yep that is it, she just keeps on a runnin.

you said the pump doesnt stop running after the prime, I am assuming you mean the initial startup of the pump when you first turn the ignition on correct?

OP
OP
RebBronco

RebBronco

Reaction score
Ok swaped out the FP relay and she is still running after prime. Any ideas?

yo;for the 90 bronco, right?

If so;

If you mean; the fp keeps running after starting it or.. then da fuel pump relay is hanging up. Replace the fuel pump relay

KOER

Bad or unplugged EGR solenoid, low speed fuel pump relay bad check FP relay for; corrosion (common problem)

Swap to Bosch Type & Color Codes in all pre-'92 EFI Bronco & F-series Source: by Steve83----------------

KOER

HEGO indicates right bank lean

HEGO is going bad[/b, fuel pressure regulator is set too low, or bad right bank injector (or ck FI connector(s) for corrosion or like mine once, disconnected @ injector)

Shift solenoid 2 circuit failure (E40D) ,, read below

KOER

This is the "limp-mode". operating in FMEM; (Failure Management and Effects Mode); but; maybe... that shift solenoid could be the issue here... didn't you post somethAng on that here? Read below..Limp Mode

Extensive problems are what normally trip this code. Additional codes will be present with this code.

Code 98-Electronic pressure control driver open in ECA (E40D)

Code 98-Hard fault present

Limp Mode; happens when the vehicle computer recognizes a problem in it's logic. When an expected signal value from a sensor is sent to the computer and is not within the computer's programmed specifications, "secondary" programs are activated by the computer to strive to protect the transmission from damage the improper sensor signal might cause to occur. In other words, the computer is always expecting certain signal values from certain sensors i.e. the temperature sensor, the speed sensor, the throttle position sensor, etc. As long as these signals are what it would normally expect for the conditions and is normal based on all the other signals it is receiving from other sensors, it acts normally and accordingly. read more....

Source: by autotransinc.com

esp. "...Due to the engineered voltage strategies of the solenoids, the transmission simply defaults to a single gear and line pressure defaults to high, all in order to "limp" you home... "

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

EEC Relay is "...BROWN Connector, next GREEN FP Relay Connector Under hood behind air cleaner assy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane