Front fender issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vicious75

Reaction score
I am in the unpleasureable situation of having a passenger side door dented right next to the front passenger side fender. This is a problem because the passenger side door will not open. When I say dent what I really mean is creased. The door can open a few inches and then it catches on the front fender. I was hoping that some of you may be able to guide me through the process of changing the gap on the fender just so I can have some functionality out of the car until I am able to have this repaired professionally.

I have pictures if you need a better idea of what I'm talkin about.

Feel free to email me [email protected]

Cheers

Seabronc

Reaction score
Unfortunately, you need to get the door open to remove some of the bolts that hold the fender on. Since the door is already dammaged, I would do whatever I needed to do to the door to be able to get it open. Then take it off and either replace it or fix it. The fender is adjusted with spacers at the bolt locations, but I wouldn't waste my time doing that, I'd go for the door. If the door is seriously dammaged, youmay also have door post dammage that you need to fix.

Good luck,

:)>-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23