front end swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SleeperStyle

Reaction score
ok just out of curiosity...i am thinking about swapping out the front end of my 88 XLT with the newer style. is this something that is more work then it needs to be? i know i am probably going to need a new hood, lights, and grill , but am i going to need to do the radiator bracket as well? how different are these years? what else needs to get swapped.? another question....i know the older bronco's blower motor can be swapped with that of a chevy...is there anything that would make ours more powerful? just two idea rolling through my head....thanks <)

ocalabronco

Reaction score
its easily doable. your absolute best bet is to get ahold of a donor truck, that way you'll have all the parts you didnt know you were gonna need and have less fuss. it might cost a bit more initially, but it will be cheaper in the long run.

Yardape

Reaction score
I just did this swap on labor day long weekend. Very easy swap. You need different Rad support, Hood Grill Lights, fenders, And the cowl section that covers the windshield wiper guts. Heres some pictures from along the way to help you out. A donor truck is definately a help here, unless the rad support or fenders are rusty. I paid $500.00 for my donor truck, Rad support was toast as were the fenders so the swap cost close to $1000.00 for me, I replaced rusty parts with Brand new.

http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford...try/12417/52001

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj