Frantz Oil Cleaner/Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockliner

Reaction score
I saw this on another thread from a non member. Does anyone else use these and if so how are they for the vehicle? Any problems?

Thanks for the info.

www.wefilterit.com

Last edited by a moderator:

jepswagon

Reaction score
I saw this on another thread from a non member.  Does anyone else use these and if so how are they for the vehicle?  Any problems?
Thanks for the info.

www.wefilterit.com

17666[/snapback]

hi man,

I have your answer and more. The frantz filter is just a name.What it is, is a by-pass oil filter. This little jewel is the best thing that happened to engines since computers and fuel injection.

You see,in order to maintain proper oil flow and pressure in your engine.A single "full- flow" oil filter can only filter out a certain range of partical sizes. This range averages from 20 microns and larger. When you get down to 10 microns of filtration you are pushing the limits of good flow and pressure to thoes much needed areas.

Since 1955,when chevy came out with the v-8 and the first spin-on filter , the average micron filtration has pretty much stayed between 20 and 50 microns. What you see on the market today is companies advertising 98% efficency for there filters. What this simply means is that the filter is catching 98% of all the particals 20 microns and larger. BIG DEAL>>>>>>

The by-pass filter works with the full flow filter. The full-flow filter has to filter all of the oil that is pumped through the oil pump. The by-pass filter takes a small portian of this oil flow and is able to slowly filter it. A typical by-pass filter on a vehical traveling an average speed of 45mph can clean 5 qts in about 5 minuts.

Your crank case is left with wear particals smaller than one micron in size.

To put a micro in perspective .The thickness of human hair is about 100 microns diameter. Engine wear happens from particals of 5 microns and larger.

So, if you are not using a by-pass oil filter,I say you are wasting your time and money that you put into your ride.

Now, for one more point in the right direction is, what brand to us.

frantz filters offers oil filters,thats it . AMSOIL offers by-pass filters,oil filtrs, oil wetted

foam air filters and extended drain full synthetic oils. And if your engine can pass a oil sample test for mechanical soundness, your engine is covered by there warrenty if you use there oil,by-pass filter,full flow filter and air filter.. No :)>- one else on the market is even close to where amsoil has been going for 30 years.

This knowledge was learned at UTI in phoenix from a really great teacher that i had.

If any of you other readers are asking yourself, why haven't I ever heard of this oil company before?

My answer is

BIG OIL GREED FOR MONEY.

I would like to dive deeper into this subject,got any questions? :-&

broncswagon

Reaction score
how bout the complete price and time of installation and the difficulty level.  such as any fabrication? and drilling? or does the company make all you need in one neat box?
19191[/snapback]

Let me dig up my receite,,,,,,,,,,,well,minus the tax and shipping

4qts of petro and a filter from parts store$10(I was installing synthectic for the first time and wanted to start out as clean as possible)

$3.45 Amsoil engine flush

$40-6qts of 0w-30 motor oil (it get's cold around here)

$20-2stage foam air filter-Lifetime cleanable airfilter

$3-bottle of airfilter oil (it did come oiled when i got it)

$175.00- dual remote filter kit (this locates both of the oil filters side by side anywhere under your hood where ever you would like. If you have room)

Your other option is the single bypass filter kit-$120

$20-by-pass oil filter/lasts 1 year-25,000 miles

$$8.25x2-full-flow oil filter/lasts 6 months-12,500miles

$306 total to start,Iwas not concerned about start up costs.This got me through one year.

Then every year i spend

$20-bypass filter

$8.25x2 for full flow filters

$20-3qts of 0w-30 oil to top of my oil pan after filter changes.

Since my motor is in prime shape I am only going to send in a $20 oil sample every 2 years.

That is an average of $60 a year to have clean synthectic oil in my engine. And if I wanted to spend an extra $20 I could just change my oil every year and skip the oil samples, but I think that would be a waist of good oil.

Well, did I forget anything?

It casts me around 25-30$ a year to be a dealer

And as far as skill and time.

The kit comes with good instructions all the parts you need for different cars and I had to put 2 bolts through my wheel well.

Keeping your oil in the motor is very important,so knowing the fundamentals of mechanics is important in this install. Can you turn a wrench correctly.Do you have a mechanic that you go to.They may take 1 or 2 hours

It took me 6 hours of leasurely saturday working to complete. I was in no hurry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23