Finally got a decent pic of my recent '93 acquisition.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo SOFLO,
NICE combination!
Find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed.
If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 711.
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

Here is the 1993 Bronco Dealer Brochure in Google Drive @ 93Bronco.pdf

1993 Bronco Dealer Training Video via silver70 @

1993 Bronco, Venezuela Commercial @

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom

Good fortune!
Al

OP
OP
S

SoFloBronco

Reaction score
Yo SOFLO,
NICE combination!
Find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed.
If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 711.
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

Here is the 1993 Bronco Dealer Brochure in Google Drive @ 93Bronco.pdf

1993 Bronco Dealer Training Video via silver70 @

1993 Bronco, Venezuela Commercial @

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom

Good fortune!
Al
Thanks for the heads up miesk5! So I just watched a vid on replacing the switch and it looks as though if I just visually inspect it, I should see the small wiring harness they supply with the new switch and if I don't then I should replace it. Does that sound right?
Here's the vid I watched:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I towed my 1996 Hewes Redfisher Lappy with my recently acquired 1993 XLT for the first time this weekend. Slowly working through questions and issues I have with the help of this great information source! Thanks everyone for the help/assistance!

View attachment 28665
Nice looking bronco and boat. Welcome to the club

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Great looking Bronco!

If you tow very often consider installing a MSD box. I like the Digital AL6 and I use the TFI adapter. Makes wiring easy.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo SOFLO,
That video is just for 94 -96 Broncos.

You 93's Switch is not on the master cylinder below brake fluid reservoir.
east302 provided following; "I found the recall information on alldata...didn't know it was even there so that's a plus.
Mine has the updated harness with two fuses instead of one, so it looks like the recall was addressed correctly.
93scds.jpg
BTW, here is the 93 Speed Control Deactivation Switch (SCDS) Location:

OP
OP
S

SoFloBronco

Reaction score
Thank you sir. I glanced yesterday and was like "that looks nothing like the master in the video!". I know the master was replaced a couple years back so I thought maybe they had put the wrong one in. Lol

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you sir. I glanced yesterday and was like "that looks nothing like the master in the video!". I know the master was replaced a couple years back so I thought maybe they had put the wrong one in. Lol
Yo,
Did you make the call to US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673 ?

Some owners were told by shoddy Ford dealerships that the Recall is over.
Many others still perform it.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo,
Did you make the call to US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673 ?

Some owners were told by shoddy Ford dealerships that the Recall is over.
Many others still perform it.
In 2002 I had bought a 2001 Ram in another town. One day up town. I started backing out. In front of this Dodge dealer and my steering made a popping sound again. My sister had the same year of truck and make.She said they had a recall on them and they replaced hers. Mine need it to. So-I asked this dealer up town about it. He told me to take it in the garage,but I would have to pay for it. So I told him like ****. It was covered under warranty,plus I bought the extended warranty. He said don,t matter. So I told him it mattered alot.I was and will turn them in. I went straight to the libray and contacted Chrysler.They asked for the vin number.I gave it. They told me to take it back to Summersville and everything would be taken care of and thank me for reporting the dealership in .A month later--they lost their dealership.They had been charging the customers and Chrysler.

UhDabbler

Reaction score
I towed my 1996 Hewes Redfisher Lappy with my recently acquired 1993 XLT for the first time this weekend. Slowly working through questions and issues I have with the help of this great information source! Thanks everyone for the help/assistance!

View attachment 28665
Looks excellent! How many miles, what engine, transmission?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom