Fel-Pro OS34508R and the case for RTV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FWC_Bronco

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would share my experience with this gasket.

Instructions specify NO rtv. I followed the directions and torqued to spec. Idled up to op temp and was leak free until I took it for a test drive. After returning I noticed a steady drip from the front "valley" part of the pan.

Initially, I thought I had a bad gasket, or it wasn't making a great seal so I grudgingly tore everything down again. I warrantied out the first gasket and reinstalled. Same results... At this point I'm thinking I have a warped pan or shouldn't be working on vehicles 🤬 . In frustration I scoured the threads for info. Miesk posted a TB regarding dotting the corners.

Oil leaks drive me crazy so I pulled everything apart again. I applied rtv to the corners as shown (including the optional area) and so far no leaks! I did not apply rtv where timing cover attaches to the block but It didn't seem to leak there.

I wanted to believe that nice permadry gasket wouldn't require rtv but I was misguided.

Regards,

Attachments

• 95-6-8f1.gif
    95-6-8f1.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member