Factory Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stusainte

Reaction score
Have a Question about The factory Paint on my 95 XLT it is supose to be dark forest green i've gone every where to find the matching paint even the local ford dealer and said they only carry the small touch up I'm fixing the fender and tailgate rust and want to match the body paint does anyone know where i can find the factory paint other than a little tube Thanks

Roadkill

Reaction score
There are profesional paint/body shops that can take the paint code from your vehicle and mix it for you. I have no idea what it costs though.

broncobob58

Reaction score
I know Paint World where I live can mix any color imaginable and even put in in a spray can,it looks and works much better than any of the store bought paint but it cost $17.00 a spray can,not sure of the price of what it cost to have mixed for a paint sprayer.

Seabronc

Reaction score
I have had paint mixed for my truck by a paint shop. All you need is the paint code from your safety compliance sticker that is located on the driver side rear door post. Make sure you go to a place that specializes in auto paint mixing like a PPG shop. There may be slight shade differences based on the age of your trucks paint and when mixing a small amount of paint just a very slight change in the amount of a pigment can make a big difference in the resulting color.

Good luck,

:)>-

madmax

Reaction score
I went to napa for the paint for my truck (i forget who makes their paint but its really good) and for 3 quarts of paint a gallon of reducer and a quart of ultra gloss hardener i payed about 300 bucks, but that was for the fancy lead based paint that dosent fade. the name of the color is "currant red" its a non metallic deep red paint used on all the silver anniversary broncos but I'm thinking of adding some metallic to the paint for some kind of design, still 2 weeks off so if anybody has a suggestion I'd like to know.

OP
OP
stusainte

stusainte

Reaction score
Ok I'll try finding a paint shop to mix the paint for me I got some from auto zone checked the numbers on my door tag but paint is not even close exept its green LOL Thanks everyone I'm ganna keep tryin

BRONCOGRL911

Reaction score
okay i just found out that duplicolor came out with a new laquer style of paint that is pretty inexpensive and it already has the hardener and all the chemical additives mixed in one can. you should be able to buy it over the counter i saw it on spike tv . they should have a website to refer to. you should be able to get the code and go just about any autopaint distributor to get the compressed bombs made in my area they have a placed called paul francis and the cans usually cost around 16 dollars.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wdtdls