exaust questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skrap420

Reaction score
has anyone ever used the glass pack cherry bombs? im looking for a good low rumble exaust to put on my 91 but dont want that loud ass make your ear bleed exaust that you oh so commonly find at highschools (been there done that) thanks for yalls help.

Bronc76

Reaction score
You might want to check out flowmaster too for what you want to achieve

troy814

Reaction score
I have a set of glass packs on my 351w and I cant wait to get rid of em you do get a lota rumble but you can hear every little pop your engine makes I'm going with some flowmasters real soon.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
I have the fully welded summit mufflers on mine they sound great,But I might be redoing my exhaust with fender well headers so I might put back on a set of cherry bombs..They are louder but I dont care. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

87TxBronco

Reaction score
While were on exhaust here, I'm looking for ideas? Do most of you have duals, either cat back or true or a big single... I got 2 new tips for Fathers day.. Before I got my Bronco.. Was going on my 98 f150 but I'm selling her since I found the Bronco...Any ideas woud be greatly appreciated..Also routing the exhaust is another question..Between the frame and driveline?? Best ideas fella's??

Last edited by a moderator:

50joe

Reaction score
Guess It's a matter of preference. I'm running single 3" through a 40 series flowmaster with a 4" tip in the stock location, and I think it sounds awsome. Get a lot of positive comments from others, which is good considering how tired the 302 is getting. If nothing else at least it SOUNDS fast..... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Well since mine is a 78 and I dont have any cats,I have headers running true dual 3 inch pipes going into summit mufflers to the back of the truck 90ing behind the rear tires with 3 inch chrome tips. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Greggk

Reaction score
i have a thrush turbo on my 82 302 and i personally hate it. just waiting for my 3" flowmasters and 3" tailpipe to come in

BTW are you talking about the tubular cherry bomb, or the new flowmaster looking cherry bomb?

ford_302

Reaction score
a thrush welded is a knock off of a flowmaster 40 series, they sound really good and at half the price :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i had one with a 302 and it gave it a nice mellow rumble at ilde and sounded great while driving

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
I'm running long tube headers and three inch exhaust...Was running raptor mufflers..Kinda like a flowmaster clone but didn't like them much after a while....Went back to thrush glasspack(18 inch case)and love the sound....Has a good rumble at idle and great power sound at higher speeds or hard take-off's....Turns some heads.... B)

Bronc76

Reaction score
Running single 3" exhaust off of converter, no muffler, on my '76.

92broncomann

Reaction score
Ok. Here is what your need. First Headers(i was in the money saving department so i picked up some Gen 1 lightning headers) and then you need a high flow cat into single 3" tube into a MagnaFlow Glass pack dumped on passenger side before the rear wheel with a 4" chrome tip.

AHAHAHAH, no pops or cracks, sounds amazing and somewhat like a monster truck. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

92BM

p.s. if your not into super loud and awesome then keep on looking at that super expensive flowmaster junk. lol