Engine Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CACTUS JACK

Reaction score
Well, I just thought I was having difficulty 'til I started reading all the posts! I've gone n put the engine, trans & case from an '81 into an '83 Bronco cause the 83's engine was shot. The problem is the electrical and harness. IF it's true an '83 is just under the wire requiring all the original factory smog system to work in order to pass inspection, then I'm o.k. and will carry on with the whole wire harness from the 81. If not, then I'll have to transfer all the doohickeys from the 83W to the 81C (or M?). I don't think this engine was original in the 81, and the 83 seems to be a Calif. version cause it has a crank pickup and no wires to the dist and a computer under the seat. I also know the modules are different plugs. Any suggestions?

P.S. The 351C engine/trans package is approx. 1/2" shorter than the (my) 351W package, so moved trans crossmember mount holes forward. Both are C5 trans, but bellhousing pattern different from C to W.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK