engine build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldtimer

Reaction score
whats the biggest that i can bore and hone a 351 to out of a 1995 ford truck.

Its time to swap out the old engine lossing compression its old and shes tired.

any suggestions any apprecated

Yardape

Reaction score
You shouldn't need to bore it any more than .030 unless your cylinder walls have been gouged up really bad

bronco410w

Reaction score
whats the biggest that i can bore and hone a 351 to out of a 1995 ford truck.Its time to swap out the old engine lossing compression its old and shes tired.

any suggestions any apprecated

i'd only go .030 or .040 over on the bore .... that way you will have room for another rebuild down the line.... you should get all new internals too while you'r at it.... i'd highly recomend stroking it to if you have the funds...

you can stroke the 351w from 357 up too 460 ci... you can get a complete 383-418ci rotating assmb. thats balanced and blueprinted for about $ 900.00... all you need is a block....

or

you can buy a complete short block already balanced, line, decked, honed, and clearance " notched" cyl. walls, ready to be put together for about $2100.00... everythings included...

i can give you some places to check out "websites" let me know man!

bronco410w

Reaction score
302? yah man ill get a couple that my freinds buy stuff from... ill post them!

BB33's

Reaction score
Generally anything over .60 and your asking for the block to crack. The general rule is to go as much as you need to clean up the cylinder then .10 more so if .20 would clean up any grooves or nicks you would do it .30. That is to compensate for out of round and such. Also don't just go the max so that you have a bigger motor. Boring it out really only adds around 2-3 HP per .10. 410w was on the right track with the stroker kits. They aren't huge for HP but the torque you gain and throttle response will make you more than happy. In my experience (4 complete rebuilds) **** is the best in quality control and value in thier stoker cranks and kits.

Yardape

Reaction score
The first one that bronco 410 posted is Coast High Performance, they know their stuff. They build kickass engines. A friend of mine has a 347 stroker we stuffed into his Maverick, did 12.26 right out of the box. We were barely expecting to get into the 12's Now with tuning he told me he hit 11.40's with traction problems. Another friend bought a 393 stroker, put it in a sweet 69 mustang. He Drives to Edmonton, about 4.5 hours and races does an easy 12.50 all day then drives home. Both are CHP engines. Highly recommend them. By the way this year was the 4th racing season for the Maverick and still no problems. Its also his daily driver.

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
0.40 is generally the max ford suggests...which is were i took mine too...4 almost 5 yrs on rebuild and still runs great.... B)

GSUEagles

Reaction score
Do you have mass air or speed density in your '95? That could determine how wild you want to go with your rebuild... Unless you want to invest in a TwEECer unit.

OP
OP
O

oldtimer

Reaction score
thanks for all the help i went with an aussie 302 block bored and stroked to a 331. im going with trickflow rotary assembly. and now im thinking about putting a super charger on it. i just want the instant horsepower. The turbos only work at a certain RPM's this is going to be a fun and long process

GSUEagles

Reaction score
thanks for all the help i went with an aussie 302 block bored and stroked to a 331. im going with trickflow rotary assembly. and now im thinking about putting a super charger on it. i just want the instant horsepower. The turbos only work at a certain RPM's this is going to be a fun and long process
Wow, that sounds great! Not so sure about it being in a 6000+lb bronco, tho. If you have a F150 sounds like a mean lightning clone
up.gif

EDIT: So you are going with the TwEECer?

Last edited by a moderator:

shift1313

Reaction score
broncos weight how much? mid 4000lb range for the bronco i though, 4500. my f150 is around 3800

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23