E4OD QUESTION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny Wayne

Reaction score
Has anyone ever changed the Over drive cancel switch?? I have cope 65 and thats what it says it is. I just don't know if it is a component that you remove and replace or do you need to do anything else to it.

It is a 90 Bronco with 351 and an E4OD.

Thanks.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever changed the Over drive cancel switch?? I have cope 65 and thats what it says it is. I just don't know if it is a component that you remove and replace or do you need to do anything else to it.It is a 90 Bronco with 351 and an E4OD.

Thanks.

John,

Did you get that Code during a KOER test? If so, it is; "Overdrive OFF switch was not cycled during KOER test (user error)."

read Steve's Self Test info on this

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44736

And if the OD LED/Switch is on the shifter stalk, i is easy to replace & under $15.o0 from local Ford dealer or THE BZ Sponsor; Jeff's broncograveyard.com ; http://broncograveyard.com/images/catalog/ODSHIFTBUTTON.JPG

be ready to catch the switch/LED assy when prying it off; it is spring loaded.. not much force needed w/a small knife blade.

and; I need to look for my notes on what fuse blew due to a harness short under strg column that affected the OD Cancel Light (it blinked randomly, no Trouble Codes or tranny malfunctions though); think it was 6 or 7

OP
OP
Johnny Wayne

Johnny Wayne

Reaction score
We did not cycle the OD switch.

The OD button is on the dash. So basically I need to cycle and then see if a code comes up. I will have to get with my friend a few houses down and use his hand held device to see how exactly and when I cycle it.

Thanks for the help though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23