dual or single steering stabilizer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitey

Reaction score
getting ready to order my lift kit. input please? do i NEED a dual steering stabilizer or will the single suffice? i really don't know and need help before i order. i really in all honesty don't know what the stabilizer does and could use the extra $$$$ towards the nitro shock upgrade if a dual kit is unnecessary.

thanks to all again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yardape

Reaction score
With 35's a single stabilizer should do fine, Its not like you can't add to it later if need be. Not like its the most expensive mod out there.

OP
OP
whitey

whitey

Reaction score
yeah well when you add up all the mods -every penny can help i guess :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

thanks for the quick reply. what exactly are the stabilizers for? well i assume they add to steering response and control i guess. but whats the difference between a single and a dual?

tattoo_skullhead

Reaction score
yeah well when you add up all the mods -every penny can help i guess :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

thanks for the quick reply. what exactly are the stabilizers for? well i assume they add to steering response and control i guess. but whats the difference between a single and a dual?
i run 35" tires on mine and i noticed a big difference in the steering when i put on the dual stabilizers..especially when im going down the highway with ruts and stuff it stops the truck from wandering

ocalabronco

Reaction score
on the TTB, i'd be inclined to suggest running duals. single will suffice, but the TTB front is so tempermental when it comes to road manners. all the really do is absorb alot of the road feedback transmitted back through the steering links into your steering wheel. same thing a shock does for the suspension, it dampens impacts. on a solid axle rig, they arent needed. since the TTB's camber and caster measurements are ALWAYS changing, definitely go with the duals

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
I think they also help save tie rods, so that the force of impact is absorbed instead of bending tie rods etc. They help to keep the wheel from getting ripped out of your hands when going fast off road too. Why didnt they come stock with one?

Exodus6

Reaction score
Hey guys, going along with what you've been talking about... I have a 92 Bronco, with a 4" BDS suspension lift, and recently ive noticed negative camber with the front end/front tires. It also appears that the front end is sagging down. At first I thought the springs might be faulty, I contacted BDS and was informed that bronco front ends are very load sensitive and if they get out of alignment they will develop negative camber and the front end will sag. Has anyone had experience with this before? Will getting the front end realigned solve the "sag" problem, and raise the front suspension? and also would adding a single front stablizer prevent this in the future? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

ocalabronco

Reaction score
having the tires' alignment out of spec will cause the front to sag a little, but not much. definitely get the alignment redone ( invest in lifetime alignments, they are worth the coin). adding a steering stabilizer isnt gonna do squat to help your alignment out though, they only dampen the feedback through the links. your alignment is set by adjuster nuts at the top of the knuckle/inner C at either end of the axle housing

OP
OP
whitey

whitey

Reaction score
can someone post some pics of their single and dual stabilizer setups? i'm treading on new turf here so pardon the ignorance on my part. but, i'd like to see exactly where they go so i can make a final determination. i plan on ordering the kit here shortly.

one other thing - just my luck. i got an email from 4WP yesterday - others may have gotten it too- they had like a 4 hour sale for yesterday only. if you bought a pro comp lift kit from them they would install for free. if only i had the tire cash already cause they DO have some pretty good prices on tires. anyhow yeah i know i'd like to do the lift myself but, free install i would have gone for in a heartbeat.

anyhow back to original topic. anyone have pics of the stabilizers on their broncos? i just need a visual to put in my mind. to the site owners credit (or lack of depending on your view of it) he did say he usually doesn't recommend a dual stabilizer unless the customer is doing alot of high speed off roading. which may or may not be the actual case in a bronco. but, i do appreciate the fact that he didn't force it on me just to squeeze some extra money out of me. so anyhow i guess my question was/ is is it overkill? or just a good idea for the long term. right now i'm leaning towards the latter.

deepbass

Reaction score
Do i need sway bar drops for my 1995 ford bronco? I am lifting it 4"

green streak

Reaction score
can someone post some pics of their single and dual stabilizer setups?
here's a pic of the dual stabilizer. for what it's worth, i didn't feel any difference at all after i installed them. i just thought they looked cool.

frontend2.jpg

green streak

Reaction score
Whats with the grenade launcher hiding behind the bumper?
that is a long @ss bolt with a stack of strategically placed washers to shim the bumper out a little from the fenders to make clearance for the tires. :))

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj