Door Tag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89eddie89

Reaction score
Ok so I went to look at my door tag today so I could figure out my gears and axles..

Turns out i dont have one on there.

What other ways can I figure out my gears and axles??

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
Yea man there should be a axle tag on the rear axle diff cover or 3rd member on one of the bolts. If you still have your owners manual itll tell you what kinda diff you have(open or limited slip) and what kinda gears you have. Thats how i found out what my 86 had. If you dont have your owners manual get the axle code and tell me the code and ill tell you what you have. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also theres two axles that could be in in the rear a 9" or an 8.8" i think they dropped the 9" by 89 but anyway, the way to tell them apart is the 9" doesnt have a removeable diff cover and the 8.8 does(the 9" has a removeable 3rd member.) The front is gonna be a dana 44 TTB

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

89eddie89

Reaction score
Yeah I looked at my axles and I couldnt find the code or tag anywhere.. but it was dark..

So like I said on the other door tag topic Ima try to get up under her tomorrow before I go to baseball and see if I maybe overlooked it.

Worse case I will just call the 800 # BroncoBill gave me.

Thanks for the info.

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23