Door Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azrockrat

Reaction score
ok i decided to pull the doors off the bronco for a while to see how i liked it. it is a simple thing to do. ok a extra set of hands will help al;ot but you dont have then grab a chair and something to sit in the chair to hold the door. some people may have power options os this may not be for you i dont have any options or even speakers in my doors. ok set one grab a 13 mm socket and rachet and a 13mm wrewnch to help ya out. pick which ever side you want to do first and start removing the four bolts that hold the door in place. i suggest starting at the bottom of the door and working your way up. after you get the first three out this is where the extra set of hands comes in handy, or just being a big guy like i am so remove the fourth bolt and carry to where they will be stored. rinse and repeat on the other side. next find the fuse for the over head light and remove it since the contacts will be together and sending power to the light. here is what you will have at the end of this 20-30 minute job. [SIZE=22pt]DISCLAIMER..................................CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR MIRRORS AND SUCH BEFORE DOING THIS[/SIZE]

doorless003.jpg

doorless002.jpg

doorless001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Cool, I think I may try that! Do you know what the door weighs, with glass? My guess is about 60 lbs., should be less than that heavy tailgate and not as bad to remove by myself.

jfrbronco

Reaction score
Are you going to make some half doors? looks good,going to try the same.

JFR-

jfrbronco

Reaction score
Just found out that 89 doors will not fit a 94,there goes my project,hows your coming along? got any pics? good luck!

JFR-

Joe Dirt

Reaction score
Take a standard floor jack to hold the door. You will still need to balance the door.

Also make sure your window is rolled down before you do anything. This way all of the weight is in the bottom of the door, less chances of breakage, and also now you can just put your arm through the window hole and carry the door on your shoulder. I took a railroad tie and cut a groove about 1" deep and 1" wide along the length of it (length is about 18") If you make two of these, you now how something beside your concrete floor to hold your doors.

I really hope you at least try this when you go to put your door back on!!! Easier on your back!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke