Door Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jgrden

Reaction score
[-o<   I know this is allot to ask but would anyone that is picture/computer savvy take a picture of the inside door panel, either side, so that I can figure out where the power window switch, courtesy light and door lock switch are located? I am going to build my own with the help of Haggen Upholstery stuff. 

No worries if no body responds. I'd have to think about it if I were reading this. Probably tell the author to get off his butt and go to t dealer to look at one. Oh yes, 1985 XLT

Never mind, I Googled it and found several pictures. 

P8020113.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey J,

you asked...answered...and provided the pic you needed.   NIce!  thanks for a complete post thst someone else can get info from.

BTW  my 2 cents...I always add some extra insulation, like tape or thin rubber where ever a wire crosses over metal edges.  Better safe now and prevent chafing than hunt a short later.

Good Luck 

OP
OP
J

Jgrden

Reaction score
Thank you. I did not conside that and it is critical on these guys. Lots of wires and sharp metal. I saw a post where a guy used insulation from Lowes as a heat barrier  and sound barrier. Any suggestions? The insyulation he showed was thin self adhesive. It has foil on one side and I am not sure that its real intent for use was.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey J,

The Lowes stuff is a rolled roofing material that I believe is called "Peel and seal".  It comes in about 100sq/ft rolls for about $98

It's very comparable to Dynamat and other automotive products at a much cheaper per sq/ft price.

I have used it as well as Dynamat on a few vehicles and found no difference in performance for either.  Dynamat sticks and smooths a bit better, but not worth triple the cost.

Good Luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane