Disc Brake Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeiam82

Reaction score
My early bronco has front drums and im looking for a dana 44 from a 73-79 truck or bronco. It seems up here in British Columbia there are none for sale from half ton trucks. My question is would the front knuckle/spindle/caliper assy from a 3/4 ton work if i was to get all the parts knuckle out and put on a half ton hub and rotor for the 5x5.5 bolt pattern?

Elmo

Reaction score
I am by far no expert on the fit and finish when swapping parts. But I highly doubt that the spindel knuckle and or caliper from a 3/4 ton axel will work with the 1/2 ton hub and rotor. you would stand a better chance of getting all 3/4 ton parts to work but mixing them will not fit.

OP
OP
M

mikeiam82

Reaction score
I am by far no expert on the fit and finish when swapping parts. But I highly doubt that the spindel knuckle and or caliper from a 3/4 ton axel will work with the 1/2 ton hub and rotor. you would stand a better chance of getting all 3/4 ton parts to work but mixing them will not fit.
Thats what i thought, might be cheaper for me to just buy a conversion from 1 of the vendors.