DIPSTICK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monza

Reaction score
my local shop *lost* my dipstick... ???

so i need a new one.

I have a 302 that the PO converted to 351W

looking at broncograveyard i see that the sticks for the 302 and 351 are different items...

since i have a conversion do i go for the 351W or the 302 stick ??

its such a simple matter

it makes me feel like a dipstick.

:blush:

thx,

monza.

Reaction score
Do you have the 302 oil pan? I don't know anything about this but I think that this would depend on whatever you have a 302 pan or 351. I guess the 351 is deeper so I think that you would need to go for the 351 dipstick, well, if you have a 351 pan.

Reaction score
hmmmdont know the difference.

any idea how to spot it ?

Monza.
No I don't, but I can take a picture of it and post it! :D/ I have a 302 in the garage and I'm rebuilding it so it couldn't be easier to take the picture. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How is the 302 converted? Did you stroke it? I thought that the 302 could not be converted to 351W :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Seabronc

Reaction score
my local shop *lost* my dipstick... ???
so i need a new one.

I have a 302 that the PO converted to 351W

looking at broncograveyard i see that the sticks for the 302 and 351 are different items...

since i have a conversion do i go for the 351W or the 302 stick ??

its such a simple matter

it makes me feel like a dipstick.

:blush:

thx,

monza.
Give Jeff's a call. They have a very competent crew and should be able to answer your question.

Good luck,

:)>-

Broncobill78

Reaction score
How is the 302 converted? Did you stroke it? I thought that the 302 could not be converted to 351W :blink:
I took it to mean that he had "converted" it from a 302 to a 351W as in swapping one for another. Especially since there are oil pan/dipstick issues. Generally the 302's are stroked to 347 & the 351's are stroked to 393 but those are just the basic kits available and I'm sure a custom job could be done for just about any displacement you wanted (just depends on how deep your pockets are).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj