Diesel Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teensdream

Reaction score
what about something other than a 6.9 or a 7.3? why not a turbo 4? talk tosomeone like banks to get a little more power, plus you wouldn't have the weight factor.

OP
OP
L

letrain

Reaction score
hey dan if your willing to i'm starting a site where we all can post our "projects" and instructions instead of clogging up with server with the files, if you have "instructions"(don't worry full disclaimer ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) and would like to share them let me know i'm currently working on posting someone else "power steering box" fix, sounds like a great topic here!@!@ first one i posted! lol way back in december

OP
OP
L

letrain

Reaction score
another question... i know its a torque and warping the frame issue... but how then is it possible to put a chevy 350 in a small ****** toyota pickup and not have a problem?

Wliebhard

Reaction score
B) I am completeing my Cummins conversion this Weekend [-o< so if you have questions, feel free to e-mail me. Sorry for the late reply, I just joined. I paid 6k for a '95 12V Cummins W/ Auto tranny, t-case, wiring diagram, and PCM. Good Luck!!!!

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
the powerstroke weighs over 1000 lbs versus the 351w 500lbs. i be worring about the front end and would personally upgrade the front end over the rear to be safe.

saleen49

Reaction score
The 7.3 is a monster engine and it was my understanding that Ford wouldn't warrenty a snowplow added to any truck so equipt, I agree that a powerstroke is way to heavy for a short wheel base Bronco but what do i know, you will need air bags for the front springs like the ones for snowplowing to keep it from squatting down from the extra lbs,

BLADE262US

Reaction score
I dont think the frames are any different . If you look around on here youll find pics of that monster shortbox truck I built with a plow on it . That started life as a 1981 2 wheel drive frame . Ford frames 1980 to 1991 are all the same 2 or 4 wheel drive just different brackets riveted to them . I had an 84 F250 I was scrapping and got to looking at the 2 frames both identical with the exception of the passenger side front on the F250 had a piece welded into the rail infront of the crossmember that boxed in the rail for strength . Well I cut the welds on that piece pried it out of the rail and it poped right into the 2 wheel drive frame esentially making it a short box F250 frame . Every suspension bracket after that lined up with atleast one pre punched factory hole so swapping it all over was easy . I too have looked at the idea of putting a powerstroke in a bronco and after comparing the frames I would not think twice about doing it . The 92 to 96 frames have the only difference being the front crumple zone for the front bumper other than that identical to the older 1981 to 1991 frames. On all of the truck frames from the front to right behind the doors they are dimensionally the same as a bronco they have to be or the body parts would not fit such as doors , hood , core support . The only difference I have ever seen while comparing the frames and this was on a 95 powerstroke extended cab , The spring shackles seemed to be a bit thicker than the 95 F150 extended cab I had sitting right next to it . Other than that the same . One of the memebers here has one done with a powerstroke its green , I saw it at the Hudsonville MI bronco show and it was done so good it looked factory , Very nice truck cool to hear a bronco with a diesel in it too . So in my opinion go for it , it will be fine . :D

FRAME_1.jpg

FRAME_2.jpg

FRAME_3.jpg

FRAME_4.jpg

TRUCK1.jpg

TRUCK2.jpg

cphighrider

Reaction score
i know this is an old thread but what about that cummins swap that really sounds like something nice

broncoman2004

broncoman2004
Reaction score
i am now looking into just rebuilding my 302 and pumping out plenty of juice, instead of the extra weight of the diesel, however it would be nice to see the dual 4" pipes coming out the back, i may do it in a daily driver instead of the mud toy, who knows.

dhpt99

Reaction score
If you want a powerstroke you will proly want a donor truck put heres a gret website if you can deal with a cummins fordcummins.com :)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat