diesel powered B2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walterm

Reaction score
I have an 86 bronco 2 4x4 that I want to put a diesel into. any ideas on whats needed, what'll fit and bolt up, and how hard it is? it's not going to be used for street, just offroad. I was thinking something like a four cylinder from a tractor or something? I have the origional 5-speed trans. for the 2.8 or 2.9 v-6's I can even fabricate an adapter for it. I know this is not very common to do, that's why I'm doing it. my real question is which engine would work or at least which way to look. I am not concerned with high horse power, it can be delt with by gears, I just really, really want this thing diesel powered.

OP
OP
walterm

walterm

Reaction score
I see people reading this but no one posting anything. how does everyone feel about this? good idea? bad idea? voice your thaughts.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I say go for it, man!!! Not sure what specific motor you have in mind, the only 4-banger diesel I know of is a Volkswagen. If Ford is going thru with the new Bronco3, that little diesel ought to be adaptale to the Bronco II??? Justanidea!!!

OP
OP
walterm

walterm

Reaction score
I was thinking of one from a ford tractor or something. I can also get a small catapiller 6cl diesel (prefered) and adapt it over. horse power is not a concern nor is speed. so I don't need much. I plan to compansate with gears and tires.

OP
OP
walterm

walterm

Reaction score
I got my hands on a cat. typical yellow powerhouse. I've got to do some fab. work but it's worth it. my tranny and transfer case will still work. but the hood wont. need at least a 4inch cawl hood. know where to find one?

as far as specs go, engine is rated at 155 hp @ 3900 rpm, torgue is 362 @ 1900 rpm not bad. top speed should be aprox. 75-80 mph. but the best driving is done under 5 mph. I'm working on if I should change my gearing or not. maybe a 3.73 or 3.55 any ideas?

OP
OP
walterm

walterm

Reaction score
due to the hurricane, I haven't done much at all. in fact, one of my trucks has an oak tree through it. I've been in new orleans doing search and rescue since the storm. we stopped on thursday and now have started recovery of bodies. it will be quite awhile before I get back to the tank (my B2). everyone, thanks for the support and prayers.

walter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat