Dam freeze plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Red

Reaction score
i own a 1991 ford F-150 4x4 and I am now the new owner of a 1985 ford Bronco 4x4. The Bronco i have i got for 600.00 bucks from a friend. Not bad if you ask me!!! it has a 302Fuel injected with a 4 speed tranny it also has a 3 inch body an a 6 inch lift an its siting on some 39.5/14.5/15 TSL's...... The only thing is that the motor keeps poping out its freeze plugs and i dont no why!!an it over heats i already have replaced all of the Freeze plugs and sealed them! an yet still they wont stop popin out..... will somebody please tell me what to do!!!!!! im tied of having to by antfreeze an plugs.

THANKS!!!!!!

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
The soft plugs are doing their job...

My guess is there's a flow restriction..... thermostat, hoses, radiator,

or "worse case", the internal block itself.

Do a flow test on the block to be sure water flows freely through it.

And, check/replace the first three above.

Honestly, I 've seen plugs pop loose fr. freezing but not from over heating. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Be interesting to hear some other opinions.

Bob

OP
OP
B

Big Red

Reaction score
The soft plugs are doing their job...My guess is there's a flow restriction..... thermostat, hoses, radiator,

or  "worse case", the internal block itself.

Do a flow test on the block to be sure water flows freely through it.

And, check/replace the first three above.

Honestly, I 've seen plugs pop loose fr. freezing but not from over heating.  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Be interesting to hear some other opinions.

Bob

24759[/snapback]

OP
OP
B

Big Red

Reaction score
i have already replace the thermostat, radiator(4-core radiator), replaced hoses, now when you flow test how do i go about doing that? Just take the thermostat off and put a hose from the inlet to the outlet to see if its flowing freely through the hose? Thanks :blink:

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Yah, that's what I'd do.....hook/rig a garden hose (you can get the flush kit that goes on heater hose) up & remove rad. hoses. Turn on the water & let it fly. Don't need eng. running....just trying to see if its restricted. With the thermostat out, water should flow out top & bottom, even with water pump at rest.

I've heard it's poss. to get the wrong head gaskets (or put on wrong) & restrict flow.

I've flushed a lot of engines/radiators but not for this reason....maybe it'll give you a clue...

Bob

SuperFudge

Reaction score
i own a 1991 ford F-150 4x4 and I am now the new owner of a 1985 ford Bronco 4x4. The Bronco i have i got for 600.00 bucks from a friend. Not bad if you ask me!!! it has a 302Fuel injected with a 4 speed tranny it also has a 3 inch body an a 6 inch lift an its siting on some 39.5/14.5/15 TSL's...... The only thing is that the motor keeps poping out its freeze plugs and i dont no why!!an it over heats i already have replaced all of the Freeze plugs and sealed them! an yet still they wont stop popin out..... will somebody please tell me what to do!!!!!! im tied of having to by antfreeze an plugs.  THANKS!!!!!!

24757[/snapback]

Theres a huge recall on the problem, wait

September 30, 2005

A California lawyer is petitioning federal regulators to recall about 17 million Ford vehicles, including F-Series pickup trucks, because of a problem that can cause spark plugs to blow out.

Ford Spark Plugs

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wdtdls