Crushed 79

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
Thats why you run roll bars :mellow: . I bet thats gonna be a pain in the a$$ to fix

Broncobill78

Reaction score
. I bet thats gonna be a pain in the a$$ to fix
Well, yes & no. There ain't no fixing *that*, look at it again & watch the *ripple* that runs thru the doors & quarter panels as it lands. That truck is a MESS. I've seen another similarly crushed 79' and the work involved is *way* too extensive. MAYBE if he were a professional bodyman and had access to a parts Bronco and his boss's shop after hours, but even then...... Nope, that thing just became either a parts truck itself or the equivilant of a K5 Blazer. If it were *mine* and I had the time, parts & $$$ invested in it I'd just chop the top, weld in the windshield frame from an F-truck and call it a custom. You can see from the way it crushed that he wasn't running a cage, if he *had* it would be a much more salvagable wreck. As it is his options are limited. Fortunately out there in Moab country rust is not the demon that it is up North and he could very easily strip that wreck and swap everything over to a new chassis. Only problem there is that 78/79's are becoming hard to find w/only two production years 30 calendar years ago. Fortunately they were popular so a lot were sold but their numbers are *dwarfed* by the 73-79 F-truck production numbers..

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
What id do with after that is is put a full roll cage in it a bada$$ one too. One that mounts to the frame, and id have it completely cover front so that if you did turn it over again youd just be sittin on the cage instead of the hood and quarters like this guy did up. Then yea i would probably go with your idea and weld in a windsheild off a F series truck.

And im gonna be learnin how to do all that pretty soon, im headed off to Wyotech in june and Motorsports chassis fab/weldin is part of what im takin, so i getta learn how to do all that cool sh*t.

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i cant wait

Last edited by a moderator:

BroncoBrett913

Reaction score
This is not bronco related but since the topic is on crushed vehicles I thought I would post this clip. Its about why hummers **** at off roading. It shows a hummer getting stuck and then a jeep wrangler crawling all over the place. It just makes me laugh that people try to do this stupid stuff in expensive vehicles. Happy wathching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U1mMxiWZO8&NR=1

Broncobill78

Reaction score
This is not bronco related but since the topic is on crushed vehicles I thought I would post this clip. Its about why hummers **** at off roading. It shows a hummer getting stuck and then a jeep wrangler crawling all over the place. It just makes me laugh that people try to do this stupid stuff in expensive vehicles. Happy wathching!
Well, admittedly watching stupid shit is something that we ALL enjoy just so long is is doesn't directly involve something that we own, pay for, or have to fix. Other than that sure, go & **** it up. What do *I* care ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rednek

Reaction score
wow. whatta shame. people keep that up there wotn be any more nice broncos. cept mine. =)

DevilDog

Reaction score
Notice the difference between Hummers and HUMVEEs though.

This is a HUMVEE, only wish we could get to drive things like that outside of the military.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23