Crappy gas milage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

love_my_bronco

Reaction score
im getting around 12-15 right now but im gonna start a full rebuild and tune up here in the next month.

OP
OP
love_my_bronco

love_my_bronco

Reaction score
thgats not too bad im getting about 5-6 i think its my fuel regulater
nice rig. i remember joe saying something about recalibrating for the size of your tires. have you done that?

i have alot of upgrades sitting in my garage but im not gonna put them on till gas drops a bit.

something that helped me is i changed my feul filter, feul pump, and rebuilt my carb and i get way better than i did i was getting like 5. im gonna try a vortech cyclone and see if that might actually help.

bko4x4er

Reaction score
u think u have bad gas mileage. i get around 6-8 mpg. with 33s stock. 302 5.0

after a complete tune up and all. plus i have 253,000 miles

shift1313

Reaction score
i get between 16-19 in town with my truck. my bronco got about the same in town. both 4.9l.

ps, the truck gets much better gas mileages on the highway with a few hundred pounds in the back.

OP
OP
love_my_bronco

love_my_bronco

Reaction score
i think i need to run codes to see if anything is wrong there. i know for a fact that i have some parts and filters dying.

putting on new hoses actually can raise hp and gas. something some of you guys might want to think about. it helped me a bit.

OP
OP
love_my_bronco

love_my_bronco

Reaction score
Im getting about 6-7, 35 inch tires with a 351W. V8 are gas hogs baby. :)
thats bad you might wanna start looking into codes and a tune up even 351's should get around 12 on average and 15 on highway. some better some a little worse but 6-7 is bad.

bidibronco

Reaction score
7-9... I have a heavy foot and a bad O2 and probably a few other things but the tranny sucking ass at the moment probably isn't helping either.

bidibronco

Reaction score
Man, I wish I've EVER seen 13 MPG... the ABSOLUTE BEST I've ever gotten is 12... I almost dumped out a gold ****!

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
I get about 6-9, Carb runs a little rich, needs a tune up, 33-12.50s plus i got a really heavy right foot. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

madmax

Reaction score
was getting 14-19 highway after the trans swap (geared just a little high, couldn't touch overdrive till 47mph) dunno what the city milage was cause i didn't keep it on the road long before deciding to do body work.

cphighrider

Reaction score
6.5 to 8 for the norm but ocasionally i get to the double digits 10mpg tops so i am sure glad to have the ole 4 dollar a gallon diesel rig as a daily driver

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23