Converting Differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RACKPATROL

Reaction score
I need some advice on converting my DANA 50 IFS front differential and 10.25 rear differential from a standerd diff. to some kind of traction locking diff. these are on my 92 F250 4x4 Supercab. with a 3.55 ratio. I would like to know which type and brand would be the best way to go for the money. And who would carry them.

Seabronc

Reaction score
From what I've read in a lot of posts and other places on lockers, it is not recommended that you convert the front diff to a locker unless you plan on this being an off road vehicle only. The reason being that they give your truck nasty steering control characteristics on ice and snow. I have also read that comment from DANA. The only one that is supposed to be good in the front is one that can be controlled from the cab by the driver so it can be completely disabled when on the highway.

Good luck,

:)>-

Billz4x4z

Reaction score
Look into ARB if ya want somethin good for the front that you can disable.For the rear,Lock Rite or however its spelled is a good set up for daily travels.Its also probably the least expensive of lockers to go with and cane be installedwith basic tools in about an hour

BK85

Reaction score
How about a limited slip on the front???

BK85

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Limited slip up front seems pointless. Most don't work all that well with large tires. If you plan on a ARB up front maybe go with the same in the rear. The lockrite lockers are loud on road around corners when they lock in and break easy. A detroit is the way to go for a standard locker with strength. Otherwise go air, cable or electronic locker to keep traction the way it is now for on road and lock in when you need it.

custom_78

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with lockers unless you are going to be turing offroad a lot under acceleration. The ARB, OX cable locker, and the electric locker are all good selectable lockers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph