2 87s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Desertratt71382

Reaction score
Due to the extreme hike in gas prices and my need for extra money to pay some bills I have to let my 2 broncos go. Both are 1987s. The first one is July of 87 the second one is November of 86.
So the first one, 109k original miles and my daily driver. 4.9L 300 cu in. in-line 6, M5R2 manual transmission, Borg Warner 1356 transfer case, 3.55 differentials. Engine has valve train knock and possible blown head gasket. Overdrive is out of the M5R2 but the original transmission comes with it (needs rebuilt). Brand new clutch and ***** cylinder. Rear drive shaft is out due to it not fitting the yoke on the M5R2.
The second one is a 5.8L 351 cu in. V8. Mileage is unknown. Not sure if it’s a C6 or a AOD automatic transmission, Borg Warner 1356 transfer case. Nonoriginal engine and trans. Was swapped prior to my ownership so I don’t know what it came out of or anything. According to the vin it was a 5.0L 302 cu in. 4 speed manual. Front driveshaft is in the first bronco, only the tach works on the dash, the windshield wiper switch doesn’t work so I have the motor unplugged. Tailgate wiring needs redone. Flowmaster catback dual exhaust.
Both are in good enough shape to either restore, make a toy, or turn into daily drivers. Both need tires. They are both solid trucks and run ok. I’m asking 3000 or best offer for both or 2000or best offer for the first one and 1000 or best offer for the second one. More pics to come. Possible trades.

Attachments

• 4EFD2B98-65A5-4F1F-90D2-4E44CE5ECF76.jpeg
    4EFD2B98-65A5-4F1F-90D2-4E44CE5ECF76.jpeg
    640.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Nice looking bronco,s. I wish you the best of luck and no on takes advantage of you or anyone during these times.

OP
OP
D

Desertratt71382

Reaction score
I thank you johnnyreb. I posted these here and on FSB.com in hopes some one will keep them on the road and not scrap them. Broncos are getting harder and harder to find and due to ford rereleasing the bronco their desireablility has increased they are becoming more valuable. It kills me to get rid of them as they are my dream cars. It’s taken most my life to get them, not I have to give them up. It what it is though.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I thank you johnnyreb. I posted these here and on FSB.com in hopes some one will keep them on the road and not scrap them. Broncos are getting harder and harder to find and due to ford rereleasing the bronco their desireablility has increased they are becoming more valuable. It kills me to get rid of them as they are my dream cars. It’s taken most my life to get them, not I have to give them up. It what it is though.
Well hang in thier and look up. Never give up. I have 2- 78,s and people will definitely try to take advantage of you. I had 2 guys come in hear and try it on me. The funny thing about it. Is I had a baggy old army shirt on and it was un-buttoned. They tried to buy one for $400. They knew what I paid for it.Had a bad motor and alot of wore out part. I replaced the motor with a 390--4 row radiator and a bunch of new parts. They kept saying why you only gave $400 for it. I told them I also had over $1,500 under the hood. Finaly I told them to get back in their truck and get outta hear now. Then one looked down and I noticed his eyes get big and said--ok man--were leaving. As they were backing out. I just happened to look down and I had pushed the shirt back and my hand was right above my pistol. I wear it because one day 2 pit bulls put me in the hoise and its not gonna happen to me again. Hang in their and I wish you the best of luck.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well hang in thier and look up. Never give up. I have 2- 78,s and people will definitely try to take advantage of you. I had 2 guys come in hear and try it on me. The funny thing about it. Is I had a baggy old army shirt on and it was un-buttoned. They tried to buy one for $400. They knew what I paid for it.Had a bad motor and alot of wore out part. I replaced the motor with a 390--4 row radiator and a bunch of new parts. They kept saying why you only gave $400 for it. I told them I also had over $1,500 under the hood. Finaly I told them to get back in their truck and get outta hear now. Then one looked down and I noticed his eyes get big and said--ok man--were leaving. As they were backing out. I just happened to look down and I had pushed the shirt back and my hand was right above my pistol. I wear it because one day 2 pit bulls put me in the hoise and its not gonna happen to me again. Hang in their and I wish you the best of luck.
In my opinion. I think the new broco will be a flop--like the new t-bird they came out with. I do see anything that resembles a bronco. To me they look more like a International scout. One thing for sure. Who ever designs these new vehicles--are getting way over paid.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I agree on the new broncos. I like the 2 door version though
Have you read all the complains people have with them and they say Ford isn,t trying to do anything about it. My guess--if they last 5 years--they will be luck. I,d much rather have one of yours .Then the new one anyday. When you got everything done to yours. You,d know what you have. and staying away from the China junk the parts stores are saling. You better off going to a junk yard and buy your parts as long as they are American made.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Funny thing is I built the machine that makes the rubber window trim
So much for the unions taking up for American workers--they bought Obama off. I was in the Steal union and they sold us out. To have a good union. The workers have to have a back bone. I worked in a rock mine in Bath County ,Va--NON-UNION. We were more union. We stuck together.
You were good enough to make the machine. You should have been good enough to run the machine and made the part hear.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I wonder if the trim had called for cement to hold the window in? I read one complaint. Where a guy started off the lot and as soon as he hit the main highway--the windshield fell out.hahaha Would that make you mad.

OP
OP
D

Desertratt71382

Reaction score
I agree. American brands should be made within our borders. I’m not a union fan. I was a union electrician for 6 years. Never again. The propaganda was too much for me. I work in a machine shop wiring custom made machinery.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Doordash I pick up peoples fast food orders and deliver them instacart I go shop and deliver peoples grocery orders
I see . That should keep you busy. If you was hear. I,d probably use you. I hate going anywhere now and especially if they don,t have the part--that they said the did over the phone. Really makes me mad,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke