Complete rewire 1984 Bronco Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seamus

Reaction score
I am trying to do a complete rewire of my 1984 Bronco. The wires have never been replaced as I can see, maybe the fuse box 10-15 years ago. There was an old alarm in the truck (should have been removed by previous owner) and apparently there is still something that will trigger a fuel cut-off. Closing the door or just rocking the truck will **** the fuel and the only way to get the truck to start again is to exit the truck, close and lock the door, then unlock and open the door.

I want to just do a complete rewire and have found the Centech rewire cit, however, it is only for the 1966 to 1977 Broncos and the Painless one is just universal.

Does anyone know if a company out there makes a complete kit like the Centech, just for this year range?

If not, does anyone have experience doing a rewire using a universal kit? What kind and how difficult was it?

Thanks!

Krafty

Reaction score
i didnt know it was possible to do a fuel cut off in a carbed motor, I would do one of three things.

repair the aftermarket system so it if fully functional,

find the wiring/ installation instructions and remove it completely.

or being as it has to be tied into the fuel line locate where it is shutting off your fuel and disable it at the fuel line. then all of the other features are still intact.

no point rewiring the rest of the bronc if everything else is working fine.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Ditto Krafty,

If you really want to rewire the whole vehicle, there is only one way to do it right. Get a wiring diagram, and learn how to read it. If you can't the job is very difficult. Once you know how to read a diagram and have one it is suprisingly easy.

It's almost impossible to be able to tell you on here how to rewire a vehicle.

Good Luck

Seabronc

Reaction score
I am trying to do a complete rewire of my 1984 Bronco. The wires have never been replaced as I can see, maybe the fuse box 10-15 years ago. There was an old alarm in the truck (should have been removed by previous owner) and apparently there is still something that will trigger a fuel cut-off. Closing the door or just rocking the truck will **** the fuel and the only way to get the truck to start again is to exit the truck, close and lock the door, then unlock and open the door.

I want to just do a complete rewire and have found the Centech rewire cit, however, it is only for the 1966 to 1977 Broncos and the Painless one is just universal.

Does anyone know if a company out there makes a complete kit like the Centech, just for this year range?

If not, does anyone have experience doing a rewire using a universal kit? What kind and how difficult was it?

Thanks!
Sounds like the previous owner put an active theft control device on it. Look inside the door and also where it goes through the door to frame conduit for extra wires not included in the factory harness. If you fined some. trace them to the cutoff relay.

:)>-

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

EZ-2 Wire Installation Info in an 84 by justshootme84 (Randy Z, Casual Mudder) at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

Includes the Ron Francis Harness Review by Seabronc (Rosie, Fred W) & Broncobill78

EZ-2 Wire Installation in an 84 by 84broncoAZ

If you need help on any ckts, ask here or look @ my Wiring Diagram Section in my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=143'>http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=143

or use the Search function in my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com for

Wiring Diagram in an 84

Some results will be rundundant because the same URL/Description is used in various sections

and

search for

in an 84

an example..

C101 at batty ground pigtail; C105 at ignition module; C121 below junction block; C128 near dual brake warning switch; C208A attached to instr cluster; C221 at radio noise capacitor near ign. coil; C230 front of eng. near distributor; C311, C321 & C325 LH fender apron near ign. module; C322 at distributor; C323 at ign. module; C327 behind center of IP; C332 fwd of RH side of dash panel; C352 near TPS; C1983 near BA Locations in an 84

Source: by Seabronc (Rosie, Fred W) at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

Last edited by a moderator:

tiller83

Reaction score
Yes,first remove the security system or have a shop do it so you don't accidentaly remove part of your wiring. Unless the previous owner changed the fuel delivery it should be mechanical on the timing cover driver side. P.S. a complete rewire is a lot of work even with a factory wiring harness,I don't recomend it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23