Code 32

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimbronco91

Reaction score
I pulled code 32 EGR not seated closed voltage low. I have replaced the EGR Valve, EGR Vacuum Solenoid, Emissions EGR Tube Pipe when I put in New injectors. I threw parts on it while I had it apart. What did I do wrong other than spent a ton of money replacing parts. This is on a 1991 Ford Bronco Custom 5.0 w/5 spd transmission.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Jim,
Diagnostic Trouble 32 is an Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Position (EVP) Sensor out of range low. The code can set from a badly worn EGR valve pintle, or a sensor that is out of calibration. Replacing the EGR valve and sensor might not get rid of the code. If parts are replaced, make sure the voltages are correct afterwords.

Turn the key to the run position and check the voltages on the sensor. The Orange/White wire is a 5v reference (VREF) from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The Black/White is a ground and should read 0.1v or less at all times. The Brown/Green wire is the signal and must read 0.4 to 0.45v to keep the light off and the code from setting.

Sometimes if the output voltage is just a little low, (even with new parts) a light tap on top of the sensor can put it back into the correct height range, and voltage.

Always replace the EGR valve and Sensor at the same time, it is best to use original Ford parts, the after market parts are more times then not out of calibration to start. by Ford

&
Code 32 in Key On Engine Off and Key On Engine Running indicates that the R valve and/or EVP sensor voltage is lower than normal in the closed position. The EVP voltage is less than the closed limit voltage of 0.24 volts. Because of the preload of the EVP sensor it is very difficult to determine whether the EGR valve has malfunctioned or the EVP sensor has an abnormally high resistance.

Possible causes:
-- Poor continuity in EVP sensor harness or connectors.
-- Damaged EGR valve.
-- Damaged EVP sensor.
-- Damaged processor.

OP
OP
J

jimbronco91

Reaction score
Yo Jim,
Diagnostic Trouble 32 is an Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Position (EVP) Sensor out of range low. The code can set from a badly worn EGR valve pintle, or a sensor that is out of calibration. Replacing the EGR valve and sensor might not get rid of the code. If parts are replaced, make sure the voltages are correct afterwords.

Turn the key to the run position and check the voltages on the sensor. The Orange/White wire is a 5v reference (VREF) from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The Black/White is a ground and should read 0.1v or less at all times. The Brown/Green wire is the signal and must read 0.4 to 0.45v to keep the light off and the code from setting.

Sometimes if the output voltage is just a little low, (even with new parts) a light tap on top of the sensor can put it back into the correct height range, and voltage.

Always replace the EGR valve and Sensor at the same time, it is best to use original Ford parts, the after market parts are more times then not out of calibration to start. by Ford

&
Code 32 in Key On Engine Off and Key On Engine Running indicates that the R valve and/or EVP sensor voltage is lower than normal in the closed position. The EVP voltage is less than the closed limit voltage of 0.24 volts. Because of the preload of the EVP sensor it is very difficult to determine whether the EGR valve has malfunctioned or the EVP sensor has an abnormally high resistance.

Possible causes:
-- Poor continuity in EVP sensor harness or connectors.
-- Damaged EGR valve.
-- Damaged EVP sensor.
-- Damaged processor.
Thank you. I have always been a BWD guy as I represented since the 80's but you are right about using OEM parts. I also was a manufacturer rep for Ford but in the early 80's computer ran ignition was in it's infacy stage so I never was exposed to their products.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane