Clicking In Hub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unclefester

Reaction score
need help have very load clicking in left front hub just bought 89 bronco i beleve the hub is stuck in lock have no front drive shaft yet. Has auto locing hub going to convet to manual hubs the weekend but i need to goto work thur and fri can i take the hub insides out????????? also anyone now the price for the manual hubs? thanks for the help barry [-o<

Clifford

Reaction score
I have personally driven my truck about 50 miles without the hub at all. (It fell out while climbing) If you are going to do this be sure to place a bag over the hub to prevent dirt from getting in and the grease from flying out. But don't drive very far, your bearings will soon dry out after all your grease flyes out. New manual hubs should be about $80 or less. Depending on what kind and where you get them. They go in really easy. Actually I was kinda in the same pickle you are in, and I replaced them at work on my break! Hope this helps. Take care and good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
U

unclefester

Reaction score
thanks for the help guess i won't run it without hubs will buy manual hubs thanks again

Seabronc

Reaction score
Good move. The hub is probably on the edge of engaging dout to being defective.

Good luck,

:)>-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat