Cage Off-Road Extended Arms, Coils, Weld on Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Just received my Cage Off Road extended Radius Arms, 5.5" coils and their weld on bracket.

Here's a few photos for now. Who knows when I'll get the time to install this stuff but when I do I'll take photos along the way with a write-up.

Since I'm changing to a D60 front axle I decided to use the weld on bracket. This 89 D60 axle has the pumpkin pushed further towards the drivers side making it difficult to install c-wedges. Its doable but much more work than I have time for these days.

Should be a slick set up!

Cage_Arm___Coil_002.jpg

Cage_Arm___Coil_007.jpg

Cage_Arm___Coil_009.jpg

Cage_Arm___Coil_011.jpg

Cage_Arm___Coil_014.jpg

Cage_Arm___Coil_015.jpg

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Wow...!

Should be able to drive right over a jeep W/O feeling a bump...!

Where does the beer bottle go..???

Yah, pics when done.

Did you ever install the traction bars on the other veh. ?

(prob. sold that rig by now)

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
The beer bottle was just for size reference to the heim joint.

You have a great memory, yes I still have the Duff long link traction bars. I haven't sold the 74 yet either, I just keep sinking tons of cash into it.

I might need those traction bars but if not were you still interested?

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Whats a decent price? You will need a few bushings replaced on the axle end. The large ones on the frame end are good still.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
---"Whats a decent price?"---

Ha...! :lol: I expect you to be good to me... ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But.... I'm looking at some pics in & old Duff cat.

I can't see how it's going to clear all that "stuff." It appears to run outboard of the leaf pack then in...does it hook to the shock mount..?

I have those tall (approx. 3 " above top leaf) leaf aligners" on my 11-pac springs. will they be in the way..?

The other bar .....does it mount on top of spring-purch clamp..? does it clear all that gobbley-****..?

Any welding needed..?

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
A little late on this one but...

The top rear arm of the traction bar connects to a bracket that slips over the 2 inside U-bolts. This bracket rests on top of the nuts of the u-bolts and wraps down the inside of the leaf and ends 1/2" above the axle with no blocks. The bracket has 2" oval slots for adjustament if you run 2" blocks under the leafs. Can't run these bars with taller than 2" blocks.

The lower arm connects to the inside edge of the shock mount. This would be the shock on the front of the 9" if you run dual shocks (not the stock mount on the back side of the 9"). Then the main bar goes up to the frame bracket. The bracket is either bolted or welded (I bolted) and wraps the frame and hangs directly below the it for the arm to connect to.

If you're still interested in these let me know. I have them up forsale $100 Firm and I know thats probably asking to much but I paid $300 to my door. I think only one bushing needs replaced but doesn't have to be.

If you don't run the front shock on the 9" I can supply 2 new lower shock mounts (welded on).

No others make a set up for Broncos that work as well as these.

Let me know...

Rookie

Reaction score
How much better is the 5.5" cage system compare to the 3.5" System, how much more performance do you get. Is cage really that much better than the james duff systems. If so could you explain why, i'm new to the offroad building game so i'm trying to learn as much as possible before I start my build I want the best of everything going into my build.

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Duff set up is close to Cage as the designer Jim Cole made the Duff arms and went out on his own. The Cage arms are just designed a bit better. He made some modifications to make it better. The difference between 5.5" and 3.5" is only height gained. If you can keep low and run the 3.5". I had to go 5.5" after adding D60's, stretching the wheel base etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23