Bush Bumper For A 78-79

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowboydan

Reaction score
i'm picking this up today but my bronco is an 87. i have the dual shocks up front. but it looks like my frame is wider than the mounts on this thing. how much modification will i be looking at? by the way, this thing is massive and protrudes out like 1'+ from the lights

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
Your 87 frame is about 4-6" wider then the 78-79's. I learned this mounting a newr model Ranch gaurd on my 79. You'll have quite a bit of fabbing to do to get the mount points out far enough to mount on the wider frame. Also reinforce it well since it's a winch uses bumper. Whatever you do, do not weld the bumper to your truck, bolt it. The bolts allow for the bumper to flex while putting a load on it. Welding it will stress crack due to not being able to move/flex. 100lb wiknch attached to a 150lb bumper busting off flying there the air due to stress cracks is a deadly thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK