bronco ralley for san antonio tx

do you think there would be a good turn out

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigred1

Reaction score
i've been in san antonio for for and a half years and have not seen a decent car or truck show worth playing hookie for.

i think it would be great if we got together for a meet and greet. i see a lot of nice trucks out here but no good shows.

i grew up in california and seen some good ones. lets try to bring that inthusiasim here to san antonio tx. i want the kids to have something to be in awe about. whats better than a bunch of big assed trucks

676A0011.JPG

Devil Dog08

Reaction score
i really think this would be cool . if you have a set date like june or so the turnout should be good . the reason being is people have time to put in for vacation requests . i live a in philadelphiA PA .and i will attend . ill take the family down there for a vacation . also a good thing to do is have a R.S.V.P. list that is opened to all members to view. this way people can see who is atending and can meet other members on the hwy. and go there in groups from all different directions. i would also check with the police dept. and someone with some connections in san antiono to get a resevered place to party set tents up and have a great time with no complaints from anyone. keep in touch good luck
clap.gif

OP
OP
B

bigred1

Reaction score
thanks for the tips. me and my boss were talking this over today. he thought it was a realy good idea as well. he is good friends with a constable and wants to set up a meeting about the regulations for the event. i know it won't be this year. i have a lot of research to do on events planning. honestly this is the first time i ever tried anything like this. i truly hope that i can get it together by next year. i'm looking forward to more ideas and i'm open to any suggestions anyone might have

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I know that 4WheelPartsWholesalers has some truck shows at their shops, you might want to check with them. I've seen it at there store at 410 and Hwy35 on the North side of San Antonio on like a Saturday. Some of the S&M Offroad club guys I run with in Austin have worked up some freebies and goodies with 4WPW whenever we have a trail run or club event. What I've done in the past with the 84 Bronco going to shows is get with other Bronco or truck owners and compete at least for the group awards. We've done that for several years at the Texas HeatWave shows in Austin and Corpus Christi. The THW in Austin is in mid/ late July and is a biggie. You don't need to have a $200K show truck all chromed out to enter. The main reason to enter these is to be able to park inside the show grounds and all together with your group. It's usually cheaper to enter a ride than to attend as a spectator, and you don't have to park in BFE to walk 2 miles. Plus, you get to keep an eye on your rig, with less chance of having something disappear. Anyway, that's what I would propose is to have some Bronco Zone folks get together as the Austin Heatwave this summer, or one of the 4WPW Jamboree's. Those are usually held in April or May, either near S.A. or Houston. Last year it was in Baytown, year before Fredricksburg. The best website to keep track of stuff is Texas4x4.org, which lists all the trail runs, show events, etc. going on in Texas.

JSM84

Last edited by a moderator:

wolf83

Reaction score
jsm84 has the right idea. i would ask the local mod shops if they want to sponsor, then ask food vendors if they want to as well. you can pay for the flyers by advertising "joe's performance shop" and etc. on one side and print the schedule of events on the other side. charge the sponsors for advertising.

t-shirts printed in batch can be as cheap as $5 each -- sell 'em for $10-$15

have all kinds of categories

flashiest

toughest

street

off road

extreme mod

ugliest <--- that's the one i would enter :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

etc.

charge a couple of bucks to enter as a contestant

the entry fees get divvied up among the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place -- that's their prize money -- and a t-shirt -- trophies are even pretty cheap something cheezy looking is still a trophy.

i would let the spectators in for free -- it draws more people, and it's easier to keep track of.

find an empty building and use their parking lot (ask the owners first) -- as long as it's cleaned up after they should let you do it for free.

the proceeds from the t-shirt sales will pay for the cleanup crew.

it doesn't have to be big or profitable to be exciting.

man! i'm pumped about it already!

i'll come down from lubbock for this!

OP
OP
B

bigred1

Reaction score
man it's great to see ya'll getting in to this, and the poeple i've been talking to are getting pumped as well. the bad news is i got put on hold today. i thought that my wheel bearings were going out. i'll be damned if it wasn't my hole front end coming undone. talk about nerve racking. last night i was driving home from bulverde. about 60 some miles from home. the old girl started shimmering realy bad. we jacked her up found a hole lot of play in my front end. i've got twins on the way brotha'. so i put work and everything else on hold till about noon monday. happy easter hugh? keep throwing me these tips and i'll do everything i can on my end to make the trip worth every penny.

rome wasn't built in a day. and with six kids to support and the old 82 being my only vehicle. all repairs come first. no wheels = no money. but i will be in touch as soon as i get ol big red runnin right and back on the grind.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I just got a flyer in the mail today from the Texas Heatwave in San Antonio, TX April 24-25. Here's a link to the announcement:

http://www.heatwaveinc.com/custom_sounds_san_antonio_heat_wave/index.html

When I get a chance to look at the flyer and website info later tonight, I'll post up a new thread to see who may be interested in attending or even showing, JSM84

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23