Bronco 1982 striker plate bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gil johnston

Reaction score
Can anyone give me the striker mounting bolts thread size and type? Not A/F or Whitworth? maybe UNC??
Cannot shift the existing countersunk bolts. Belted **** out of then with a brass drift but no go. Looks like
a driil out or heat , either way i need new bolts before i start and will need to buy them here in Aus.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score

chrlsful

Reaction score
not sure this will help U - its tough working 'cross cultures'. W/us may B even tougher as we have the same language but use same wrds differently or different wrds for the same thing (spanner, wrench). Anyway may B this will help jog our more knowledgable folk into gear.

Here in US of A we have just a few differences (threads per inch, pitch of thread, corse, fine, etc). Back in the day when wrkin on the Brit sports cars we hada switch to "Whitfield" or some special thread when wrkin on them. Now we have SAE (standard a$$hole engineer?) and NPT (national pipe thread?). Finally a few yrs on it became standardized world wide w/the metric scale. Forgotten where the break came ('90s?) in but that may B ur problem.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar