broken lug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

busbo

Reaction score
In attempting to remove my right rear tire, I broke a lug off and cannot get the other nuts loose. Is there an easy way to succesfully remove the lugnuts? It seems as if they are rusted on. Is there a way to repair the lug?

Thanks for any help...

Last edited by a moderator:

Yardape

Reaction score
Just remove them all, if one broke then replace them all. Take the brake drum off, hammer the lugs through the holes. To install the new ones, simply insert them in theholes and tighten the lugnuts onto them, this will **** them into place. If you have access to a pile of washers it would make this a bit easier. Might be a bit hard to get them to start in the holes and not spin as you tighten them, for this you can pry on the lugnut as you tighten it.

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
Sometimes using a hand tourch can heat the lugs up and expand on the stud. I had to break 4 lugs off my bronco and spun the teeth out of the right front spindle on one.

rebelyelltex

Reaction score
well if i were you man id just put your favorite brand of penetrating oil down and let it sit for a bit and just try and muscle them off. If a stud breaks, just simply take the drum off, hammer out the stud, and then put some new ones in. It will make it alot easier to just get new studs and lugs for when you need to take the wheel off.

OP
OP
B

busbo

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys...I went ahead and changed all five studs...

Great place to come for advice...Thanks Again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23