Bedliners Inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPW Bronco

Reaction score
I have my '92 that is nearing completion of rebuild phase. I am getting close to working the interior and I was thinking of doing the bedliner inside. While it would be low maintenance, I also want to maintain sound and weather barrier (I live in Alaska right now), so here's the question:

Being that most of the liners state they remain flexible after curing, could I lay a new jute pad on the floor in the front, before the application, and then have the liner sprayed over it sealing it in?

Whatcha think people, I am stumped here.

Yardape

Reaction score
Nevermind I googled it. Haha. Why do you want that? Extra sound deadening? If you painted the bedliner over that I think it would look horrible. You will get very decent sound deadening as well as insulation with bedliner. I have seen a couple projects done with Durabak, very good product, thats what I plan to use

shift1313

Reaction score
i would not do that. If you want to spray the liner in then put the jute padding and carpet, or rubber floor mat do it that way. You cant spray it over the padding. But on the other hand my truck came with the rubber flooring. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone but if you spray the bedliner stuff in first it should be fine.

Seabronc

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend spraying it over the jute padding either. The bed liner stuff should give you plenty of sound deadening. The sound deadening process prevents the panels from picking up vibrations and amplifying them. I have used asphalt pads at strategic places like door panels, floor panels, and body panels to reduce noise in the cab as well as a heavy layer of undercoat. The asphalt panels don't have to cover the entire surface, 1 to 2 (12"x12") panels on the inside of the door skin, floor boards, inside of 1/4 panel, etc. is enough. If you do it with a nice thick coat of bed liner, that will do just as well, if not better.

If you soak the jute padding with bed liner, that will either eliminate or drastically reduce it's insulating properties by filling the air spaces between fibers.

Good luck,

:)>-

shift1313

Reaction score
good point on the panels sea bronc. since ive recently been cutting into some panels ive noticed some spray on the inside of panels which i assume are to reduce vibrations. On the doors its only about a 12x12 area in the center.

OP
OP
W

WPW Bronco

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, and keep the knowledge coming. Going straight, thick liner is looking like the better idea, I had no idea it was that good at insulation.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, and keep the knowledge coming. Going straight, thick liner is looking like the better idea, I had no idea it was that good at insulation.
I wouldn't say it is that great as insulation, but for sound deadening OK. I'd still use the jute pad on the floor after the liner is cured. Also you can get closed foam from, yikes am I going to say this :-& , JC Whitney @-) but that is where I got it from. I have 1" thick closed foam pads for insulation on the inside of the 1/4 panels. Just finished replacing the window and door seals including the tail gate, what a difference in the noise level inside the truck :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
W

WPW Bronco

Reaction score
Aha, thanks for the clarification. I'll give it a try with the liner only before I go crazy buying additional padding, except for the padding in the doors and panels. All of the door and window seals are definitely gonna need replacing, time has not been nice to factory rubbers!

Boomballs

Reaction score
I have my '92 that is nearing completion of rebuild phase. I am getting close to working the interior and I was thinking of doing the bedliner inside. While it would be low maintenance, I also want to maintain sound and weather barrier (I live in Alaska right now), so here's the question:Being that most of the liners state they remain flexible after curing, could I lay a new jute pad on the floor in the front, before the application, and then have the liner sprayed over it sealing it in?

Whatcha think people, I am stumped here.
Ive been in a Bronco with the bed liner sprayed in and it was great when we were done hunting and our boots were muddy

shift1313

Reaction score
Silver Bullet stuff is supposed to be good for sound. two weekends ago i just did the duplicolor roll on bedliner on a 70 f100 i restored and it wasnt too bad of a job.

Bedliner2.jpg

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
Rhino-liner works really well too...After buying my bronco priced both ways as far as refinishing my top...Spraying with rhino-liner was whole lot cheaper and faster...And too it helped with some noise control and added very little extra weight to the top...I had already pulled all the carpet out the 2nd day i had it and cut to fit a longbed truck mat to fit but i'm planing to spray the inside of mine also very soon... B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj