Air Bags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mansquirt86

Reaction score
alright guys, time to dish out the opinions. Im for sure going to lift my 88 bronco, but im not sure if i want to go with an air bag set up or a conventional lift. I know for sure that i want a 6in lift, but thats about all ive decided on. I guess my question to you guys is what would you reccomend, and what are the advatntages and disadvantages of going with air bags vs the conventional way? By the way... does anyone know where to find an airbag system for broncos? ive never scene one.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Air bags are used for lowering and not lifting. Go traditional or do a straight axle swap (SAS). My opinion!!!

I have not seen a system for replacing the coil springs up front either. I have seen the Firestone/CoilRite helper air bags that go inside the coil springs, actually had a set when I was at stock height. I have also seen one Bronco with lifted coils that had these same style bags inside. It was built for jumping dunes and getting airborn. The bags help to keep the coil from flying out upon landing. Cool, but I cannot find these anywhere either!

shaun94

bronco commander
Reaction score
If you are going to go off-road alot I would go with conventional, IF you just want you're truck to be a paving puppy air-bags would be allright.

OP
OP
M

mansquirt86

Reaction score
when i originally considered this, my thinking was that while off road, i could inflat the bags up to allow me to use 35's, and while im on the street, i could lower it down and use 33's... mainly to keep the mileage up on the road. Also, when it would have 33's on it, it wouldnt look so damn ugly (big lift and little tires = FUGLY)

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
You can do it, and if done properly, can work fairly well. I had planned on this for my own bronco, and might still do it. Your thinking, for the most part, isn't too far fetched... Raise the truck while offroad, and lower it a bit, while driving in town. After all, The Scorpion was one of the first ones to use the bags for driving on and offroad. Only, I wouldn't really suggest running two different sizes, unless you have a thrill about changing tires 2-3 times, everytime you want to hit the trails.\

You're not going to find a kit for the Bronco, for what you want, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. You're best getting the air bags, and everything else, from a company that deals with lowriders. No kidding, they're the ones that sell the bags

mansquirt... that's a rather unsettling user name

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

mansquirt86

Reaction score
Hey man, were all bronco lovers here... no need to clown on the name alright. Just to let all you know, the name is partially my last name(mansker), and partially a nick-name(squirt) i had back in my highschool football days. Put those two togother and you get Mansquirt.

As for changing my tires constantly, i dont really care about that, i have a buddy who owns a firestone tire service center out here in cali so i get to do all that stuff for free.. and get great deals on rims and tires! Got my 15x10 wheels and 33's for $500 out the door, cant beat that. But back to whats important, after hearing what you all have to say about the airbags i think ill just go with a conventional lift, airbags would be nice but i havent won the lottery yet so they will have to wait until then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23