After market bucket seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I tossed the split bench seats in my ‘79. Looking to replace with bucket seats and center console. Looking for ideas of seats out of other trucks/broncos that folks have used (something with a head rest). Saw a guy on YouTube that pulled a powered captains chair out of a navigator. Not sure I need to go that far. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thx SFS

Hidehead

Reaction score
I tossed the split bench seats in my ‘79. Looking to replace with bucket seats and center console. Looking for ideas of seats out of other trucks/broncos that folks have used (something with a head rest). Saw a guy on YouTube that pulled a powered captains chair out of a navigator. Not sure I need to go that far. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thx SFS
Hope you didn't literally "toss" them! I have a friend that might want that bench seat for his 78 bronco. He has nothing at present.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Steve,
YW!
I had to quickly enter that info due to vision issue.

Some have used https://corbeau.com/seats/
Corbeau also sell the 78-79 Bronco seat brackets @ https://corbeau.com/ford-bronco-78-79-seat-brackets-p-s-adapts-to-stock/

More Corbeau @ https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Corbeau-Seats-Front/products/296/
&

See CARID that sells many 79 Bronco seats @ https://www.carid.com/1979-ford-bronco-seats/
Including Recaro®

Wedge Brackets, aka seat tracks, etc, are manufactured by https://wedgebrackets.com/ford-bronco-78-79-seat-brackets.html
"The Wedge 1978-1979 Ford Bronco seat bracket is a direct bolt-in to all 1978-1979 Ford Broncos and the passenger side seat bracket is an adapter that will adapt the aftermarket seats to the factory seat sliders. As with all Wedge seat brackets, if for any reason this bracket is not a perfect fit, please let us know and we'll make it right. Please note your ride height is more influenced by the thickness of the seat cushion not the height of the bracket. In most cases we design the bracket to ride at the optimal height based on the thickness of the stock seat cushion.
At this time we only offer brackets for Corbeau, Recaro, and Scheel-mann seats."

Google Recaro and Scheel-mann

Last edited:

Hidehead

Reaction score
@Hidehead, no, not literally. Have a local guy that has a ‘78 that snagged them. LOL
Just lookin out for a friend in need. My 78 had Explorer seats in it when I got it. Don't know what year but the drivers side had a fabricated bracket. The passenger's side was bolted to an original 78 spring assisted seat base mount.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Just lookin out for a friend in need. My 78 had Explorer seats in it when I got it. Don't know what year but the drivers side had a fabricated bracket. The passenger's side was bolted to an original 78 spring assisted seat base mount.
Yo Hidehead,
Welcome to our Bronco site!
Here's the 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual by Ford via member Ziggy⚠ @
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It may be slow to download if you're finding that one website from which you download files operates slower than another, it's likely either because the web server is slower, or another device along the transmission route in the chain linking you to the web server operates slower.
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.

1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics

1979 Bronco Brochure @ https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1979-Ford-Bronco.pdf via Dezo's Garage

1979 Ford Bronco vs. Blazer Article by Ford via Indybronco @ 1978 Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Blazer (79) pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes hours to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 or later installed.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tiltwheel Diagram, Tire Rack
Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort.

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

See Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) including, "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc
Al

lynchsg

Reaction score
I found new harness capable bucket seats and bolt in slider adapter plates to directly bolt the seats onto on eBay. Also online found a Tuffy center console. Put these in my 82. Not sure if the seats and slider adapters are available for the 2nd gen Broncos?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I found new harness capable bucket seats and bolt in slider adapter plates to directly bolt the seats onto on eBay. Also online found a Tuffy center console. Put these in my 82. Not sure if the seats and slider adapters are available for the 2nd gen Broncos?
Yo Lynch,
See my #5 post, above,
Wedge Brackets, aka seat tracks, etc, are manufactured by https://wedgebrackets.com/ford-bronco-78-79-seat-brackets.html
"The Wedge 1978-1979 Ford Bronco seat bracket is a direct bolt-in to all 1978-1979 Ford Broncos and the passenger side seat bracket is an adapter that will adapt the aftermarket seats to the factory seat sliders. As with all Wedge seat brackets, if for any reason this bracket is not a perfect fit, please let us know and we'll make it right. Please note your ride height is more influenced by the thickness of the seat cushion not the height of the bracket. In most cases we design the bracket to ride at the optimal height based on the thickness of the stock seat cushion.
At this time we only offer brackets for Corbeau, Recaro, and Scheel-mann seats."

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm doing a restomod on my 79 Ranger XLT and the seats were trash. I went with front and mid seats from a 2018 Audi Q8, (leather, power, and heated if I get motivated enough.) 2 pieces of flat bar on the factory pedestals, The pass one still flips up (without the headrest, still working on that one) and the mid seats fit nicely where the rear bench was. Had to lose the factory mounts though.
Sorry for he mess, she's a work in progress.int 1.jpgint 2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom