a few ??'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bronco410w

Reaction score
whats the biggest lift i can go with, without having to get longer drive shafts?

i have a 4 inch lift ... i also have 2 inch spring blocks from daystar... if i us the block with the springs that will make a total of 6 inches... should i move eveything down to the 6 inch holes on the brackets ? will i have any problem with the alliment? or just dont use the blocks...

thanks for any help!

JLasvegas

Reaction score
depends also on tire size, but you will for sure have alignment issues

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
if you can avoid the blocks i would

instead if you have the welding abilities look at doing a shackle flip and that will give you an additional couple inches

keep in mind that if you move the ttb lift brackets to the 6" holes you're still going to have coil springs that are 2" too short and shocks that will not give you enough travel for the couple extra inches of lift

Yardape

Reaction score
A shackle flip will give you closer to 4.5 inches. Inches count Miss kitty!!!

OP
OP
bronco410w

bronco410w

Reaction score
ok so whats the max lift i can go using the stock drive shafts?? any body know?

White 5speed 5.0

Reaction score
I hear that anything over 6" you should lengthen the rear driveshaft. I was curious about this myself and took some measurements. After some calculations a 6" lift only requires about 3/4" extra in the driveshaft, which you can get out of the stock driveshaft no problem. Shackle flip will net you between 4.5 and 5.5" of lift in the rear, but you'd still have to worry about the front. Also, if you replace the rear springs, you might net closer to the 5.5" due to sag and age and stuff. Hope this helps.

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
when you put a 6" lift in the truck you can "get away" with not lengthening the shaft. but the issues that you will run into is the slip yoke won't be moving in and out of the shaft properly and can/will eventually seize.

oldtimer

Reaction score
as far as the aligment goes once you start changing tire and the ride heighth the geometric angles r changed and you will not get a perfect alignment you can can get close but never right on.

BB33's

Reaction score
I think what he ment by the 2 inch spring blocks were polyurethane units that go on top of the front coil springs as a spacer. If that is so you will need to move down to the 6 inch holes. I had 6 inches of lift on my '85 F350 (see sig) and it performed flawlessly. I crawled over a '92 nissan 240 with that truck and no problems with driveshaft angles or travel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23