96 EB Bronco bucket seat broken armrest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goffprof

Reaction score
I know the broken bucket seat armrest issue is tough to solve with new parts, but I was wondering if anyone had a source for new armrest brackets. My passenger seat fold-up arm rest bracket self-destructed so I am looking for a fix.

Thanks.

Al

'96 EB Bronco with railroad "hyrail" wheel kit

Al\'s EB Bronco Hyrail.jpg

Seabronc

Reaction score
Your best bet is a local friendly auto parts recycler. You might get lucky and one of the forum members may have one.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
G

goffprof

Reaction score
I know the broken bucket seat armrest issue is tough to solve with new parts, but I was wondering if anyone had a source for new armrest brackets. My passenger seat fold-up arm rest bracket self-destructed so I am looking for a fix.

Thanks.

Al

'96 EB Bronco with railroad "hyrail" wheel kit

OP
OP
G

goffprof

Reaction score
Fred -- thanks. I tried several local junk yards, online, etc but so far no good. I'll keep looking.

Certainly agree with your "Always Under Restoration" comment under the long list of work you did on your '83. The addition of an overhead console out of a '96 was a nice touch. I may try your electric fan mod on my '96. Great idea.

I just added a new Sony radio and Sirius Starmate 5 with the Sirius audio wired into the AUX input on the back of my Sony radio. Sound is much better than the FM rebroadcast option. But, instead of the magnetic "dot" antenna, I installed a new "Sigma" antenna (made for a Nissan Pathfinder, $20 on Ebay brand new) near the rear view mirror on the inside of the windshield. I had to replace the stock "Fakra" antenna connector on the new antenna cable with an SMB right-angle connector that plugged into the Sirius but it was simple. Much improved satellite radio reception and no more antenna failures from water.

I installed a new TrakLok rear end and complete new driveline last year. This week my Bronco gets 5 new tires - Firestone Transforce 9.50X16.5" Load Range E due to the custom steel wheels required for the railroad wheel kit. Then in October I'll get rid of the minor rust problems with new rear quarter panels and other body work plus a full repaint in original 2-tone EB white / tan.

If you know of any good "bolt-in" replacement bucket seat options from an Expedition or some other vehicle, let me know. I'll rewire whatever is necessary and would like to have heated seats. It's a work truck but I'm getting old.

Still can't find the New England / Northeast Big Bronco groups yet. Both links on the Bronco Driver website are no good. If you have a contact email, let me know.

Al

Seabronc

Reaction score
Upgrade of buckets is certainly possible, you probably will have to graft them on to the existing seat brackets. Unlisted in my signature is that the bucket seats in mine are from an Aerostar. They are getting to the end of their usable life so I'm half hartedly looking for a set of Ergonomic buckets to graft in.

That is a neat addition. I have never seen one with wheels for train tracks. Do you work for the rail road?

No North East Bronco organizations that I know of. There use to be the North East Registry, but that disappeared.

OP
OP
G

goffprof

Reaction score
Good question... I did work work for a major railroad but now am a railroad consultant so my Bronco is an important inspection tool.

Regarding the seats, are your Aerostar seats more comfortable than the stock Bronco seats? I have heard about Bronco owners installing newer seats from other Ford vehicles but so far I haven't found any specific info on what works best. I read about someone installing Explorer seats but they aren't comfortable at all so I won't consider them. Maybe aftermarket is the best way to go.

Too bad about the demise of the Northeast Bronco Club. I guess there aren't enough Broncos left in New England to make it worthwhile as so many have succumbed to road salt. Dryer regions of the country seem to have far more classic Bronco as daily drivers.

Al

Seabronc

Reaction score
Good question... I did work work for a major railroad but now am a railroad consultant so my Bronco is an important inspection tool.

Regarding the seats, are your Aerostar seats more comfortable than the stock Bronco seats? I have heard about Bronco owners installing newer seats from other Ford vehicles but so far I haven't found any specific info on what works best. I read about someone installing Explorer seats but they aren't comfortable at all so I won't consider them. Maybe aftermarket is the best way to go.

Too bad about the demise of the Northeast Bronco Club. I guess there aren't enough Broncos left in New England to make it worthwhile as so many have succumbed to road salt. Dryer regions of the country seem to have far more classic Bronco as daily drivers.

Al
They are comfortable, but like I said they are reaching the end of their usable life and would either need re-apolstering or replacement. I think the next set will be ergonomic seats with a little more lower back support.

I just spent a year and a half replacing rusted out parts, (rocker panels, lower B posts, lower right A post, rear 20 inches of tub, rear tub support, tail gate support, quarter panels, etc.). Most people would probably have junked her, but I had already developed a bond with her. She has hit me, kicked me, scraped my knuckles, gouged chunks out of my head but I still love her :rolleyes: I have some of the pictures of my last go around in my gallery.

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23