96 ABS HCU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XC/TS

Reaction score
The hydraulic control unit 2C215 has failled on my 96 Bronco and I am having a hard time finding a replacement.

Raybestos stopped re-manning them.  Does anyone know where I can find a good re-man?  Swapping used has not been working out.

Thanks

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo X,

AS you and many other owners have discovered, Raybestos often stops reman of the 4WABS HYD ubnits & Control Modules;

check Cardone to see if they have any Raybestos re-man units in warehouses.

4WABS Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU); CARDONE® Application Search Part Number: 12-2025 for 96
Source: by CARDONE® cardone.com

4WABS Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) Sources "...Used price locally is $150.00; 60 day guarantee; Babaganoosh wrote; "...BBA did the rebuilds on ABS Modules for my old VW/Audi Shop. They were super inexpensive, fast, friendly, and only had one issue with them ever and it was 50% my fault anyways (keep in mind it's VW stuff anyways...". by consensus the best re man 4WABS Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU)s are from bba-reman.com; BBA quotes $200 plus shipping for repair of/my HCU; "It usually takes about 3 days from receipt to repair..." miesk5 UPDATE, check w/BBA first; they may have stopped re-man ops.
Source: by Babaganoosh & miesk5

BBA-reman - Bronco/Ford truck remanufactured ABS, ECUs, throttle bodies, air mass meters catalytic converters, etc.
http://www.bba-reman.com/uk/index.aspx

BBA added this recently; "Ford Bronco / Explorer ABS pump / modulator problemsThis is Ate ABS pump is failing causing a 'Solenoid Stuck' or 'Valve Stuck' code, or possibly causing a wheel to be braking all the time.

Ford part numbers: F3TA-BE, F57A-AE

ATE part number: 10.0202-0183.4, 10.0202-0213.33, 10.0457-1009.3, 25.0202-0020.4

This part is no longer available from Ford. Please call us for a price..."

4WABS Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) Motor; "...pulled a motor off a crown vic, the unit it self was differant but the motor was the same. Cost me 20 bucks. OH and the wire conector was differant as well but I just drafted the one from the nfg motor on to the crown and it works great. That was 4 years ago. no problems yet...its only 2 screws that hold it in. And best part is it doesn't open the system so you won't loose fluid and won't need to bleed it. Now all you need to do is go to the bone yard and find one..."
Source: by bossind (boss, Steve)

More 96 4WABS Archived LINKS in my site @ http://web.archive.org/web/20110704072243/http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=240

OP
OP
X

XC/TS

Reaction score
I haven't directly contacted cardone but searches only list rabs chi only. Bba said they don't do the hcu. Jeffs Graveyard thinks there is a ad in Hemings Motor News? Still have to check that out. So far only used available and I got #2 on the way. Hoping to get mine rebuilt it has a valving issue not releasing rear brakes.

MarkBright'67

Reaction score
Hi XC , try to check it out to rockauto ...i believe in your informations but it could  be  available  overthere (as it seems) ... . Good luck !

eaglesoaring

Reaction score
I have seen them on e-bay for around 160.00 or so I have one coming in this week and will be installing it and will let you know how well it works

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23