'95 Rear Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikecos88

Reaction score
Rear window is stuck in the down position. Can I jump the switch to see if it goes up? How would I go about doing that? All info is greatly appreciated because its starting to get cold...

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone. > . When you get time, make a post in the introduction section of the forum and tell us a little about you and your Bronco.

The best way to determine if it is the window motor or the electrical connections is to remove the access cover, find the wires running along the bottom of the gate, (red and yellow) and jumper to a 12V battery. It doesn't matter which you hook to the positive and negative. If nothing happens reverse the connection, that is the way your switch operates. Reversing the polarity of the connection reverses the direction of the motor. If that works then you need to figure what is wrong with the connections.

There are two fuses that power the gate. One supplies power from the driver switch (hot is Run and Accessory), and the other supplies voltage to the tail gate switch (hot at all times). A common problem with the tail gate power is the safety switch located in the left side latch. Some times it goes bad and at others it is because the striker stud needs a little adjustment. Also look at the mounting bolts of the manual handle inside the tail gate, If you can see evidence of the bolts having moved, loosen them and move the mechanism back to it's original position.

A diagram is attached. Since you didn't say what year truck you have, (add the truck vitals to your signature), I'm including two diagrams. The only difference is that two wires are reversed, (not sure why :rolleyes: ), but Ford must have had a better idea :blink: .

Good luck,

:)>-

Rear_window_Circuit1.jpg

1992__Power_Window_002.jpg

Krafty

Reaction score
Hey I had a problem like that back in the day, I just took the safety switch out and ran the two wires together cause that stupid problem cost me a window. now I don't have that problem anymore. 6 years later and i'm still finding bits of glass inside of the truck

gsiemon

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Turns out the safety that makes sure its shut before you can put the window up was sticking. I cleaned it and lubricated it and now it works perfectly all the time

NAGS95

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Turns out the safety that makes sure its shut before you can put the window up was sticking. I cleaned it and lubricated it and now it works perfectly all the time
Had the exact same problem with my 95. A clean and **** was all it took!

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Seabronc,

I've seen my share of posts/explanations of how the rear window works, and IMO this one was perhaps the best! Good job :)

I guess we could add that a common place of failure (other than the saftey switch mentioned) is the bundle of wires that flex between the tailgate and the body, and the connector behind the driver's side tail-light.

Here is the location of Grounds G200 and G201

Here is a short list of some of the components they ground

Bronco Grounds

G200

PSOM, Remote Keyless Entry Module, Speed control servo, air bag diagnostic monitor, electronic shift control module, Radio

G201

power seats, high mount stop light, dome light, day night miror, compass/outside temp, tailgate window motor

Ground200_201Location.jpg

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
i did the whole clean/**** thing last night on the wire connections in the tailgate with some electrical parts cleaner stuff from home depot. It works like its brand new again. My dash switch was almost siezed and i sprayed that too and its perfect now. i spent half the day yesterday spraying that electrical cleaner in almost every electrical connection i could find. The truck has alot better acceleration now and just over all seems more healthy.

Dagger_91Beast

Reaction score
I think everyone has had this problem at least once. First thing, open you gate and close it HARD. Had mine stuck twice the first year and went so far as to take the motor out before just slamming the thing in frustration "BINGO". The connection has to close or it's hosed. After that a tube of **** and a voltage tester are your best friends.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
In looking through pictures I have, for the fuel inertia switch, I noted a great picture of a ground (the green bolt/***** in the upper left hand of the picture) I wonder if this is G201 ?

If I had my bronco here, I'd disconnect it and see if the rear window worked.

Any takers?

FuelSwitchDriverSide2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23