89 Full Size replacement seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alisonboucher

Reaction score
Hello, I just picked up an 89 Bronco full size and I am having a hard time finding replacement seats. I need the two front with center counsel and a bench back. I went to "Shop4Seats" but they said they don't have anything for Broncos. Can anyone tell me if any of the ford trucks have compatiable seats?

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Your best bet is finding some one parting one out. If you are looking for buckets. Some of the crew cabs and extended cabs had the same seats. Just a matter of getting lucky and finding the right one.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Alison,
Welcome!
You can swap almost any OE seats (of any brand) in, depending you how determined you are. Seats that mount to flat rails will be the easiest, but if you want 8-way power heated/cooled leather with memory, go for it !
Some members have installed seats from the aftermarket and from other vehicle makes, however not all may have tilt and slide forward, therefore rear seat access would be difficult.
"...I have a set of leather buckets out of a Suburban and they seem a bit wider and fairly comfortable. Re-used the floor plate bracket and mounted the seats to a set of flat bars that then bolted to the floor bracket. That was for the powered driver seat, the other 3 new mounting holes in the seat rails and they bolted up to the floor mount bracket..." by ?

Mastercraft RS Model Seats rule!!!! @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/threads/mastercraft-seats-rule.117388/

GKR has same seats; "I have the Mastercraft recliners and love them. I have arthritis in my lower back and the factory seats just agravated it. The Mastercrafts are more than worth the dough for me! Also use their tool bags and really like them.
Glad to hear you got such great customer service from the owner." READ more!

Screenshot_20210908-090718_Chrome.jpg

Beard Low Back pics in an 86
tan01.jpg
tan15.jpg
Source: by BajaBronco13 at http://www.supermotors.net/registry/17034/74400

Installation (Corbeau) in a 90 by rugerp89ipsc (mean green) @ 1990 Ford Bronco seat swap pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
Some excerpts:
"...four bolts hold it down, the hard part is the angle on the front. I needed and extension bc I could not get enough movement in my ratchet. Otherwise, piece of cake."
View attachment 170546
"...there she is, soon as i get another 400 bucks i will swap the other side"
View attachment 170548

Here is a typical work around for modifying a replacement seat;

Installation Info (1999 F 150) buckets in an 88; "...I had to drill new holes in the stock bronco brackets to accomodate the studs from the f-150 seats. I also had to drill 2 new holes in the floor because the f-150 slider brackets are further apart about 1".. It worked out ok because there is a little reinforcement panel underneath the bronco body and you still hit it when re-drilling. For the passenger side, I added some angle iron to the bronco flip-seat bracket to get my extra width I needed, pretty simple actually..."
Source: by arvy88bronco (The Black Peach)

Newer Explorer Seats (12-16) @ Newer Explorer Seats (12-16) in a 92 Bronco

Installation Info & pic (Explorer) in an 89; "Hardest part was drilling the holes and leveling the seats so there was no binding; Only one hole lined up for me, so I had to drill the other three. I did bend the front bracket a little to get it to contour a little better to the floor. Also, I would attach the front two bolts first, then drill the rear and shim level as needed. Other than that, it was pretty simple. I also put in a separate fuse block for the seats and my CB so I didn't have to run too much wire or tap into another source. Not sure what model mine were from, but tilting the seat forward and scooting it up all the way allows fairly easy access to the back from the passenger side. My driver's seat tilt lever is broke, so I haven't been able to test that side, but my old seats didn't tilt far enough either, so I never had anyone getting in on that side. Also, I removed my center console, so it's really easy to just climb over the front seat and crawl through the middle. At least with my electric Explorer seats, there was no easy way to unbolt just the floor brackets and keep the motors and such intact..."
Source: by hmthesing (Hunter T)

Installation Info & pics (300Z) in a 95; "... I swapped my torn up leather seats today for some 300Z seats. ($200.00 on Craigslist). I swapped out the tracks and the seat bases allowed 3 out of 4 holes to be drilled and bolted, but on the back corner I had to make a bracket. Driver side was power and I had to remove 2 of the three motors to make it work (Back and forth and up and down.) It took a good hour to figure out the driver seat rewire, but ultimately I was able to plug it into the lumbar air power source from my old seat after splicing the connector and some of the remaining wiring. Had to cut away some of the metal underneath to allow the tracks to fit properly, but it worked out very well I think and is a very neat installation. Seats sit about an inch lower than the originals, but feel awesome..." must register to view pics
Source: by J. Mark M (DAMIAN)

Installation (90's Cherokee) in a 90
Source: by 90Beater (Topher, Chris)

F-150 bucket install in an 89 Bronco by slimpartywagon @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/members/slimpartywagon.219344/#about
sIim wrote "the sliding tracks were very worn, I tried to rebuild them with bearings from drawer sliders, but I couldn’t get them to stiffen up. I decided then to put in a set of seats from a 2008 F-150. I had to get creative with the mounts so as to use the factory bolt holes, just in case I ever went back to factory seats."

Fix Seat Cushiion Foam @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/threads/replace-bronco-seat-foam-with-mustang.489465

For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards. Ask for other makes and models that can fit.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select a certain part. Search for 1989 >Ford > Bronco > Interior > Front Seat > Alternate Front Seat
However their photos are not available today.

or
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Can select certain parts,such as 1989 Ford Bronco (Full Size) Seat, Front Non-Interchange search for year: 1989
One result of many;
View attachment 170521View attachment 170522
1990 Ford Bronco Seat Assembly, Front-Stock# 32963 • Pasco Auto Wrecking, Pasco, WA

/

Here are the 1989 Ford Bronco EVTM, Emissions (yellowish/red book cover) & Pre-Delivery Manuals, Partial via mrnewland1 in Google Drive @
1989 Service manual - Google Drive
Slow scrolling, so download for faster viewing and to see the table of contents, the search feature, etc.

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf found by BroncMom

1989 Ford Bronco Dealer Brochure

1989 Bronco Lubricant Specifications by Ford via Gary
Al

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK