89 Bronco Snow Plow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmartin7

Reaction score
I've been plowing a long private driveway and private neighborhood road with a 1979 Bronco and a 7' Western Plow for the last number of years. I'm up on Lake Erie near the city of Erie where we get lake-effect snow all winter, and it can pile up in an hurry. The old '79 needs more TLC than I can spare at the time, and I'm looking at buying an '89. I have a 6.5' Western Plow that I can use with a little modification to the mount. I haven't had access to the vehicle to get any measurements, and I'm wondering if the 6.5' plow is wide enough. It has power angle, which offsets the edge of the plow compared to the tires when it's angled. The 7' plow worked well on the '79, and the 6.5' will only be 3" less on either side, so I'm thinking it should work fine, but still concerned since I have no experience with the more-narrow plow.

The plow dealers all want to try to sell new plows and I can't get reliable guidance from them regarding using my own, old equipment.

Thanks for replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23