88 Bronco Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyrell_Shoaf

Reaction score
i have a 88 ford bronco with 104k miles on the engine. the engine is a 351 v8 and it leaks oil out of the seals preety bad and i think it gets preety hot ofter i drive it for about 25 min. i was wondering if anyone knew how much it would cost to do all the seals over again and what i can do to keep it from getting hot.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
First off Welcome to the "B Zone"

My suggestion is to do a full rebuild for 2 reasons...

1) the engine has over 100K miles on it. The 351 with high mileage seems to have a problem with the bearings going bad.

2) you are already planning to tear it down anyways, why not rebuild it now.

Kits shouldn't bee too much money, less that 1000.00, and they have everything you need except the machining.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Right, just to pull the engine to change the seals will run you close to $500. I would check the entire cooling system if you are running hot. May only be a bad thermostat, but the radiator may also be plugged up or the water pump is worn out. Any of those are things that overheat the oil and can lockup the motor really quick if you lose coolant.

OP
OP
T

Tyrell_Shoaf

Reaction score
thanks for tellin me what you know i will take it to the shop and have them check on what you have told me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph