88 bronco 5.0 starts but wont run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo fv,

Sorry, my PC burned last week and bought a new one the other day and Windows 8 is killing me.

Let us know how it works out & if mechanic can fins that self-test wire.

VaMark

Reaction score
I had an MSD distributor in my rig when it's PIP (hall effect sensor) went out. However, in my case, the truck wouldn't start at all. I never bothered to check any of the fuel related components like you have because I noticed that the coil wouldn't even fire. 

Anyhow, I found a cheap new replacement at a local parts store, dropped it in, and it started right up. Sometime in the future, I'll replace this cheap one with something better, but I'll keep it as a spare.

OP
OP
F

fv333

Reaction score
Well its still there . The mechanic replaced the hall effect sw, all the injectors ,checked for vac leaks and tried replacing the TPS. Still no good !!!! He says the injector pulse ifrom the computer is there and then its gone. Thinks the computer I got is no good so he going to try putting the old on back . God please help me !!

OP
OP
F

fv333

Reaction score
ITS FIXED . Are you ready for this .....It was a ground from the computer!!!!!. It was hardly connected . So a ground cost me 1100 plus the 400 or 500 I spent in fuel pumps etc but its alive again . Hopefully this thread will save someone else some time and money

Thank you for all you help its was greatly appreciated

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK