88 351 w timing rpm and setting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Gentlemen:

As far as I know there were only three threads that the two of you went at it, this one, the edelbrock one, and the one about square bore vs spread bore carburetors. In each of those instances BroncoBill Posted first and was acutely corrected by Blade262US. This comment "not someone that has seemingly decided to be the definative source on everything that rolls on wheels" was never retracted nor apologized for, at least not publicly. IMO it was out of line.

Blade262US as a moderator, your posts are representative of this site. As a moderator you must hold yourself to a higher standard. As a moderator, your posts will automatically be percieved to have a greater value than a regular member, until a member has seen enough of ones posts, that he may make his own determination of the value of the posts of the poster.

Regarding BroncoBill78's posts: I read them all. His posts are informative, often come from experience, and when he doesn't know, he'll do research and come back with an opinion. I've seen him do this many times. He and I often shared space on a thread helping other members. He very often qualifies his response giving recognition to the fact that he doesn't know everything about ever year and every situation, for example in the spread bore discussion he made it clear that his knowledge was based on large blocks, NOT small blocks. Although there was great debate in the end he was correct about what defines square vs spread bore.

I seem to recall Blade262US that you wrote somewhere that you wanted to be sure that a person asking for correct and accurate information was given correct and accurate information and that as a moderator, it was essentially your job to make sure that any information given out was correct. Wasn't that the reasoning of why you jumped so ******* the topic about the edlebrock discussion? IF you really feel that it is your responsibility to correct any and all misinformation given on this site, you have left a lot of work undone.

Blade262US you stated above "If you cant take someone posting another opinion to your answer then maybe you dont belong here." As an outside, non-involved observer, I believe that you are way off course with this statement. I don't know if you can see how inflamatory a remark this could be perceived as. That coupled with your GUARANTEE is IMO a little chest pounding here. I suspect that for what ever reason, you would like him to leave. I am sure that we could find a couple hundred times when he offered one opinion, and someone else offered another, and he would come back with something along the lines of "Well Yeah.. kinda sorta, or I guess you could say that." Never looking for a fight and getting along all in good humor. However, if you are to examine how you offered your opinion, after he offered his, it was more a flat out in your face. Blade you may want to consider how you can disagree without being disagreeable.

Hopefully we can make a concerted effort to stay out of each other's $hit.

Let's enjoy the weekend!

joe

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
One thing i wanna add BB78 sent me a PM sayin he was sorry for what went on in my thread on Square Bore and Spread Bore intakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

BLADE262US

Reaction score
BroncoJoe19 and Redneck86 I know what your saying but you also have to understand that as a moderator of a site for a long time you see things happen through the years that you dont want to happen again . Some of BB78,s comments are seen to me when I read them as making the asker feel stupid and not want to ask questions again thats not goona happen here . His post where I made the definative source comment was when he told the asker that he was not capable of engineering something from the factory better that the factory could have I did not take that well because to me he was shooting the asker down and making them feel like they shouldnt have asked . BroncoJoe19 you are member 9476 Redneck86 you are member 9871 . If you look around there are certain people that post all the time probably only a couple hundred or so . What about the rest ? Should they read comments like that and say to themselves I want to ask but I dont want ot fell dumb ? Is that right ? So should I as a moderator let that go ? Ive been here almost since the site started Ive seen alott here and had to deal with alott of different types of people . If I were the chest pounding mean ole moderator a few seem to want to make me out to be then Id be banning people daily but its not like that doesnt need to be . I do not know everything but I do know alott and remember almost all of it . I have helped alott of people on here through the yrs and have learned alott on here as well . Some peoples sarcasm here is seen by me and others as a bad thing for all members . I dont get to spend as much time on here as I used too because I work alott of hours but I do add my opinion when I get the chance . Now I have said what I needed to say in the last post , figured Id give you too this , take it for what you will but in my eyes you havent been here long enough to judge me just as I dont know you well enough to judge you . But as I said in the last post the whole thing is done if you or anyone else here feels the need to make someone feel stupid for asking questions or wants to degrade or threaten another member by all means feel free to leave the other mods will back me in that statement its happened before . After all as you said we are held to a higher standard and we represent this site so Ill start doing my job . Also because Im a moderator I dont see myself anymore important than anyone esle on this site or in this hobby . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23